Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help!!

sassarian1223sassarian1223 Free Trial Member
edited September 2016 in General 4 karma
I am taking the December 2016 lsat! What are the best books to purchase in order to start studying asap?!?!

Comments

• desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Forget books and get 7sage. Start with the free trial to make sure it works for you but I cannot say enough good things about the core curriculum and video explanations (in addition to all the other amazing things about 7sage). I bought the powerscore bibles and have not touched them. 7sage and a bunch of blank PTs is what you need.
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10784 karma
    For me I started with powerscore. They are really good for the basic stuff and can give you a beginning to start with. Then I would read the lsat trainer. Hands down some of the best strategies are in the book.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    I would recommend 7Sage over any book. But if you are going to book route I would recommend The LSAT Trainer 12 week study schedule in tandem w/ Manhattan Prep LSAT books.

As a side note, don't feel pressured to take in December. 2.5 months of studying isn't enough for 99% of people to hit their potential on this test. I've been studying for about that amount of time and I've gotten better, but I am no where need where I want to be.

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Just piggybacking off of the above posts. If you must use a book, or books, I would go with The Trainer (Mike Kim). The aforementioned pairs nicely with 7Sage's core curriculum.
    If you are going to pair the book(s) with a course, be sure to complete one first, then the other. Don't bounce around between the two. You'll just end up confusing yourself. Pick one, see it through. Then, complete the other. Finally, pick and choose which strategies you are a) most comfortable with and b) able to implement properly to get the correct answer.