Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Snack question

ThePaperChaseThePaperChase Free Trial Member
in General 75 karma
Are we supposed to only bring ONE item? (ie banana, energy bar, etc)

I want to bring a banana, some chocolate pieces, and a CLIF bar.

I am getting slightly paranoid before this test.

Comments

• 308 karma
    I'm pretty sure you can bring more than one snack but someone correct me if i'm wrong.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Bring a whole turkey dinner for all you like just as long as it fits in the clear zip lock bag
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Max 1 gallon size
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Bring whatever can fit into a sealed 1 gallon ziplock. You only get 15 min during the break.

The drink is limited to 20 oz, though I can't imagine they would check.
    Ice packs are ok, if you are worried about that.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    Yeah, you're good. Good choice on the snack, btw. That is exactly what I eat. I also have one of those little 8 oz baby water bottles that I add some matcha powder to.
  • emilycyoung1emilycyoung1 Free Trial Member
    234 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" What is matcha powder? Everyone keeps telling me to use it to enhance my memory, focus, and energy but does it actually work?
  • emilycyoung1emilycyoung1 Free Trial Member
    234 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" I am not big on eating early in the morning and am trying to figure out what to eat/drink tomorrow morning before the test to wake me up. I don't function well on PTs when I am tired which is usually in the morning.
    27823 karma
    @emilycyoung1 Matcha is green tea that is ground into a very fine powder. Because you're actually consuming the leaf instead of just the extraction, you really magnify all the benefits of drinking green tea. (And that's not just something that sounds right that people accept as true without really knowing. A friend and I reviewed a number of scientific studies that analyzed the chemical components of tea, and all evidence suggests that matcha is legit. I also have a large body of anecdotal experience which is consistent with these findings.)

As far as what to eat/drink tomorrow, I wouldn't deviate from whatever you normally do at this point. You don't want to throw your body anything it isn't used to. Maybe load up on carbs tonight, but being consistent is going to be your best move.
  • draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    I also have one of those little 8 oz baby water bottles that I add some matcha powder to.
    Does the matcha powder stick to itself in cold/room temp water? I love matcha but have only made hot tea with it and I usually have to use the bamboo whisk so that it doesn't congeal. Do you just shake it up?! This is a brilliant plan!!
    27823 karma
    Yeah @draj0623 Just take a sip before adding it to give it a little room and shake. Of course, you won't get the nice frothy texture you get with the whisk, but it totally works.
  • draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    but it totally works
    I will most definitely do this in law school because it might be too late to include this in my break routine for tomorrow. Mind blown, though! <3