Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anyone else finishing LR early? How do I pace myself better & take advantage of extra time?

_oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
in General 3652 karma
I consistently finish LR around 6 minutes early when I'm doing it timed and I get around 158-160.
I've taken a couple PTs untimed and I finished the LR sections around 5 minutes past the time limit and I got 165-167.
Clearly time is very important...I'm not sure if I'm just in panic mode and rushing through it or if I just need more practice pacing myself? I do look at my timer a couple times but usually it just encourages me to speed up rather than slow down
Any advice?

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    How do you do on LR sections specifically? Are you making a lot of overconfidence errors, errors you catch in blind review, or errors you don't catch at all?
  • _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma
    @danielznelson The last LR I did timed I got 23/26 on the blind review, just 2 off from my original score, and18/25 on the other section, didn't change anything in the BR. So it seems to be a lot of errors I'm not catching at all.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma
    That means fundamentals. I'm actually really impressed with your pacing, so don't worry so much about that right now. Look at those questions you missed- particularly the ones you either didn't BR or that you missed during BR. Those questions expose weaknesses in your fundamentals. Review the relevant lessons, drill some sets where appropriate, and when you feel like you've made significant improvement, return to those missed questions and break them open. If they seem a lot clearer to you, then PT again.
  • CoffeecoffeecoffCoffeecoffeecoff Alum Member
    69 karma
    Have you finished the entire core curriculum? I was in the same boat when I started. During my cold diagnostic, I finished both LR sections and RC with five minutes remaining. I got a 158. This didn't really change until I went through the entire curriculum, really examined my weak spots (I struggle with necessary assumption and parallel questions), and learned how to effectively BR. Now I'm at -1/-2 per section rather than -5 per section. Although, in my opinion speed isn't really a weakness, as long as you are working on accuracy. When I took the September LSAT, having 6 minutes remaining to check my answers definitely kept me a little less anxious.
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    I concur that your pacing/speed is about where you want it. You just need to identify the TYPES of mistakes you are making and improve those specific skills. The process of understanding why you are missing questions is key.