Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Insight from a test writer

Micaela_OVOMicaela_OVO Alum Member
in General 1018 karma
I was able to speak with one of the test writers at a LSAC forum and wanted to share:

I asked this test writer if there was a reason why LSAC is throwing "odd ball" games at us more often. He informed me that LSAC is aware of the mechanical approach test prep companies teach their students and worry this is defeating the purpose of the section. He realizes that most students may wonder, "Why am I solving games with animals?? I want to be a lawyer!" The purpose of the LG section is to prepare us to read a set of facts and determine what must be true, what can be true, and what must be false. Much like how we'll read statutes such as the infamous U.S. Tax Code and have to determine what's required, what's allowed, and what's forbidden. If you keep this in mind, you'll never be caught off guard.

Hope this sheds some light!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited October 2016 27891 karma
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing! I kinda wondered if better prep resources would slowly start skewing the test towards higher difficulty. Since it's meant to produce a curve, a better prepared field of test takers would screw up the bell unless they make the test harder. The good news is that we're the ones with the resources that are evolving the test. And that gives us an enormous advantage.
  • combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
    652 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" fortunately, Power Score has added a lot of "how to"s on grouping and mapping games
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Any info on a computerized LAST?
  • Micaela_OVOMicaela_OVO Alum Member
    1018 karma
    @montaha.rizeq Unfortunately there was a swarm of applicants around this one poor writer, lol. I could only get one question in.
  • jeremybenthamjeremybentham Alum Member
    137 karma
    isn't this bad?? they're on to us! -- scaaat
  • bjphillips5bjphillips5 Alum Member
    1137 karma
    @Micaela_OVO thanks so much for this :)
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    edited October 2016 1171 karma
    Thanks for passing along the information. It is very insightful and instructive.