Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC Transcript Issue

Stephanie57049Stephanie57049 Alum Member
in General 69 karma
I'm looking for advice on how to work with the LSAC on transcripts. I've taken the LSAT, and I have my resume, personal statements, and applications ready for submission before a November 15th scholarship priority deadline. I had all 3 of the prior colleges I have attended submit transcripts. One of the colleges listed a 2 credit course I tested out of as "Other". The LSAC has interpreted this as meaning the 2 credits are transferred from another University and has listed as an "Unknown" 4th College on my LSAC account.

I called and emailed the LSAC who stated to send a revised transcript. Fair enough. I called the University's Registrar about the situation who stated they would send the revised transcript if I sent in a new transcript request form. Three weeks later I called the LSAC and asked if they had received my transcript, and they had not. I emailed the University's Registrar Office and asked if they would please send the revised transcript. The registrar stated she would not send revised or altered transcripts for any purpose. So, I re-called the LSAC. The representative stated they would only accept a revised transcript. I have forwarded the Registrar's email to the LSAC and patiently awaiting a reply on what I'm suppose to do...

Is there a simpler way to go about this? Has anyone experienced transcript issues or known someone experiencing transcript issues before?

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Wow. Did you explain to the registrar your situation? University offices can be foolishly inflexible. From my experience and others, pressingharder seems to do the trick... or asking to speak with the offcice's superior.

Sorry this is happening to you. So stupid.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @danielznelson said:
    or asking to speak with the offices's superior.
    Yeah, I agree this might be the best/only course of action at this point. I'm sorry to hear it. I had a ton of trouble getting credits from high school AP classes. Such a frustrating feeling! But remain calm, everything will work out.
  • SimbatronSimbatron Member
    175 karma
    So I'm trying to find the answer to how to avoid this....do I need to submit my high school transcript to LSAC for the ONE AP course I tested in and received credit for???