Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

test day got pushed back for me

rakinalikhanrakinalikhan Alum Member
in General 329 karma
so i got a call from the person who is proctoring me for my accomodated lsat and i find out that instead of my test being on the 3rd of next month its on the 6th, still at 8:30. has anyone experienced anything like this? i dont mind a later date though it does change up my schedule. my big question is that with the extra 3 days, would i be getting the same test as everyone else or would i be getting a new one and will it still have the test section

Comments

• Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    From what I know (and read a long time ago), they usually switch up the exams if you take it on a later date. So you'll most likely be getting a brand new test, but I could be wrong though.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Matt1234567 said:
    From what I know (and read a long time ago), they usually switch up the exams if you take it on a later date. So you'll most likely be getting a brand new test, but I could be wrong though.
    I've also heard this; although I cannot confirm.
  • katapultz6katapultz6 Alum Member
    81 karma
    I'd be shocked if it is different. I'm sure this has happened to people before. As such, it would be quite strange that I have not ran into even one "Alternative" LSAT throughout my one year + of prepping (and I have access to virtually all the LSATs at this time), considering that LSAT sends you the exam for all administrations except February.
  • Anna MarieAnna Marie Alum Member
    edited November 2016 210 karma
    I'd be shocked if it wasn't different. LSAC uses a different test for those who are Sabbath observers and for those taking in Europe, Asia, etc. In the past when they've had to push test dates at certain sites (due to extreme weather, etc.) they've always used a different test on the makeup day. They have tests that they keep on hand for these reasons, so I wouldn't count on the exam being the same. All we can do here is speculate though -- good luck!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @kataput6 said:
    I'd be shocked if it is different. I'm sure this has happened to people before.
    My answer shouldn't have been so tepid. I'm like 99% sure they DO use a different test. I'm almost nearly certain.
    @"Anna Marie" said:

I'd be shocked if it wasn't different. LSAC uses a different test for those who are Sabbath observers and for those taking in Europe, Asia, etc. In the past when they've had to push test dates at certain sites (due to extreme weather, etc.) they've always used a different test on the makeup day.
    Exactly! :)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    If it's not different, I know of a lot of people who are going to be really upset--namely, everyone who takes the test on the earlier date. I can't cite the actual policy on this, but I feel safe in assuming it's different just based on the fact that, to my knowledge, LSAC hasn't been sued over this.
  • rakinalikhanrakinalikhan Alum Member
    329 karma
    its such a hassle. i cant even talk about it with people after since many people will just write the regular one
  • LSATakerLSATaker Free Trial Member
    250 karma
    I wonder those tests are the Feb ones they do not disclose...
    But that would mean some people might have seen it before?
    Or they might choose from old Feb test so even though there are people who have taken it, it would not matter...it's interesting they moved the date to weekday though, what if you have school or work?
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I'm almost positive it's going to be a different test. Did they tell you why they postponed? I'd assume it may be due to weather conditions or unavailability of the testing center.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @MrSamIam said:
    I'd assume it may be due to weather conditions or unavailability of the testing center.
    I know the SAT is at a few universities that day as well and I heard even a few normal test takers had their date moved to Monday (or test centers changed) due to issue of not having enough proctors.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @rakinalikhan said:
    its such a hassle. i cant even talk about it with people after since many people will just write the regular one
    Yeah, that does kinda suck... Oh well, usually talking about it with people just adds to the nerves... You're gunna kill it my man!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited November 2016 5120 karma
    @rakinalikhan said:
    from the person who is proctoring me for my accomodated lsat
    Yes, I think it is more of availability of proctors for accommodations and individual spaces for specific types of test rooms. As @"Anna Marie" and others said, they have back-up tests for Sabbath and other test day issues already prepared. With all of the posts about the Saturday test, there is no way it could be re-administered at a later date, imo.
    @rakinalikhan said:
    i cant even talk about it with people after since many people will just write the regular one
    Any way to look at the extra days as a gift? When you see the comments post-test and how hard it was, you can say you are thankful you didn't have to take it! Center your mind-set and kill it! And it really can be a gift to not agonize in a communal commiseration party questioning every question/section!? !!!
    All the Best:)