Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nervous about the December LSAT?

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
in General 14039 karma
I understand. You're going to take an important test. It's not the most important test though. That one is called the February LSAT.

Just kidding. This is likely the last LSAT you'll ever take.

I'm only trying to remind you that for something this important, there are second chances. That's not true for a lot of other important things in life, so that's something to feel good about.

For most of you, you already know what score you'll get. Take your last three recent properly administered LSAT PrepTests (e.g., 77, 78, 79) and average your scores. You'll get plus or minus 3 points of that average.

There is nothing separating you from that score except the mere passing of a few day's time.

You are as prepared as you can be. You have already seen everything those crafty LSAT writers will throw at you and you've amply demonstrated your ability to respond with craftiness of your own.

Saturday will be just another PT day and the December 2016 LSAT will be just another PT. PrepTest 80, in fact, when the LSAC releases it a month from now. And how different could that be from PT 79 and PT 78 and PT 77 and on and on and on.

You are ready.

Even for those few insanely difficult curve breaker questions. Every LSAT has them. Every student who has ever taken the LSAT before you has encountered them. You have encountered them on your PTs and you will encounter them again on Saturday. Do what you've always done: skip. Keep moving.

Good luck!

If you happen to be in NYC, come grab a drink and something to eat on us:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/7sage-post-december-lsat-celebration-tickets-29407211762

Comments

• rakinalikhanrakinalikhan Alum Member
    329 karma
    fraying i do well enough so i dont have to do the february one. that would be depressing
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    thanks @"J.Y. Ping" you are my virtual best friend.
  • nantesorkestarnantesorkestar Alum Member
    431 karma
    Thank you @"J.Y. Ping" And thanks again for those awesome BR sessions!

-Ethan
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"DEC_LSAT" said:
    thanks @"J.Y. Ping" you are my virtual best friend.
    :) same haha

Good luck everyone!
  • Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    645 karma
    Good luck to everyone! Let's aim to do our best. Cheers.
  • liza.bennettliza.bennett Alum Member
    108 karma
    I'm not ready. But it's to late to get my money back in anyway so I'm sitting the test anyway. But I'm canceling my score. Hopefully I'm ready by February to take it again.
  • louladybug2louladybug2 Member
    15 karma
    if i sit for December and don't think I've scored above my target score is it better to cancel to score or just leave it and take February? Im already signed up for feb. either way.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @liza.bennett said:
    I'm not ready. But it's to late to get my money back in anyway so I'm sitting the test anyway. But I'm canceling my score. Hopefully I'm ready by February to take it again.
    Why bother taking it then? Stay home, study and take PT80 as a PT rather than a test.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Why bother taking it then? Stay home, study and take PT80 as a PT rather than a test.
    This! The danger is not in having a bad score on your record, it's in wasting the take. Your money is gone anyway, don't lose a take on top of it!
  • eon_katherineeon_katherine Member
    13 karma
    This is my very first LSAT and I am praying that it will be my last one :(
  • jeremybenthamjeremybentham Alum Member
    137 karma
    hahaha -- i thought J.Y. was my virtual best friend :( --- i had a dream where J.Y.'s voice was giving me fashion advice -- and at some point he told me to just pick a suit and move on :(
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    @jeremybentham said:
    J.Y.'s voice was giving me fashion advice -- and at some point he told me to just pick a suit and move on
    This is way too funny
  • tamzidamilatamzidamila Member
    7 karma
    Good luck to all of you. I don't have that much preparation, I want to get experience , what it is or how i feel in the exam hall.....
    I will sit for February or April .
  • icecreamparfaiticecreamparfait Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    @tamzidamila said:
    I want to get experience , what it is or how i feel in the exam hall.....
    Kind of one of the reasons that I'm thinking to take Dec. test too...
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @mw393730 said:
    @tamzidamila said:
    I want to get experience , what it is or how i feel in the exam hall.....
    Kind of one of the reasons that I'm thinking to take Dec. test too...

This is a bad idea. Experience will do nothing to help you other than wasting a take and a potential PT. If you want LSAT experience, find a school that's doing mock prep. Don't waste an actual take.
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @jeremybentham said:
    i had a dream where J.Y.'s voice was giving me fashion advice -- and at some point he told me to just pick a suit and move on :(
    LOL
    27822 karma
    This is a bad idea. Experience will do nothing to help you other than wasting a take and a potential PT. If you want LSAT experience, find a school that's doing mock prep. Don't waste an actual take.
    Second this! You only get three and they are all enormously consequential! There is literally no experience that you can't get from an administered mock test or even from taking strictly self administered PTs. I know this because I did this exact same thing and it was a huge mistake that I gained absolutely no benefit from, but that I paid for enormously.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"J.Y. Ping" said:
    Saturday will be just another PT day and the December 2016 LSAT will be just another PT. PrepTest 80, in fact, when the LSAC releases it a month from now. And how different could that be from PT 79 and PT 78 and PT 77 and on and on and on.
    I absolutely love the way JY puts this... So true!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    I'm not going to go as far to say that it will do "nothing" but I will say I think it has more potential to do harm than good. Not to mention you're essentially wasting a take.

Don't waste a take! Go take a PT79 at your university library or somewhere with moderate noise... I can all but guarantee you'd have scored within a 3-5 points of that. Don't actually waste PT79 either though, haha. Save that for when you're better prepared.
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited November 2016 4141 karma
    All the best to those of you taking the December LSAT! I hope all your hard work pays off this Saturday. Go get em!
  • LSATShinobiLSATShinobi Free Trial Member
    236 karma
    @jeremybentham said:
    hahaha -- i thought J.Y. was my virtual best friend :( --- i had a dream where J.Y.'s voice was giving me fashion advice -- and at some point he told me to just pick a suit and move on :(
    This was hilarious
  • chgunnschgunns Alum Member
    92 karma
    Is average of your last three +/- 3 a good rule of thumb?
    27822 karma
    @chgunns said:
    Is average of your last three +/- 3 a good rule of thumb?
    Yep. This is overwhelmingly typical of how most people perform. There are anomalies in both directions, of course, but you can pretty much mark it down.