Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question

jordanrex30jordanrex30 Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 64 karma
I have already taken the June LSAT and I scored below my average. I then continued to study and have used most of the material availiable. I felt great during the test, but is lost my composure during the games and ended up guessing on about 7-8 questions. Pretty ridiculous because I felt great about my test up to that point. And games were usually my strong point. I don't know what happened but I just got stuck and lost track of time. What should I do going forward? I just don't see if I was to try and get ready for a future lsat how I would go about it seeing how I've already used all of the 60-70 PTS and a majority of 40-50s over the last 8 or so months. Just sit back and hope for the best or...? Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• indiaholtindiaholt Alum Member
    31 karma
    oh my gawd the games.... holy crap i feel ya
  • GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    440 karma
    Hey jordan, here's a tip which really helped me(and games are not my strong point): I always do the hardest games first, and I give myself a maximum of ten minutes to finish them. This forces me to work more efficiently on the easier games(because of time pressure) and it also helps me with pacing too...Especially if you see an unfamiliar game towards the end of the section, do that one first, and like I said, give yourself a maximum of ten minutes on it. You can always come back to it if you work efficiently on other parts of the test
    440 karma
    But of course if you already do this then you can ignore my comment :)
  • AislingzAislingz Free Trial Member
    74 karma
    Hey Gracelover, that's an interesting suggestion. The logic game has been effectively knocking me out of the 170 range and I am trying to improve my logic game score. I might give your technique a try since I normally run out of time for the 4th game. How were you able to decide which game was the hardest? Did looking for the hardest game take up much of your time?
    440 karma
    Hey Aislingz! This strategy doesn't always work...sometimes the last two games are about equal in terms of difficulty...but if you just quickly scan the rules and the passage, and it looks a little unfamiliar, that is one clue...or if the very last game has a lot of questions, then you should definitely do that one first! If you give yourself a maximum of ten minutes to work on it, you learn to find efficient ways to make important inferences upfront and spend your time wisely
  • AislingzAislingz Free Trial Member
    74 karma
    Hey Gracelover! Thank you for your advice! It's quite innovative and I haven't thought about doing something like that yet. I will definitely give it a try and see how it goes. Again, thank you! :)