Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously though, tiny fricking desks?

polsckenpolscken Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 199 karma
Ok, so...here is the thing. There were four classrooms of testakers at my school. Three of the four had full size tables to work on. One had tiny arm desks. Guess which one I was in. In addition to that a left handed student got to leave my testing room to move to a room with a desk because no left handed desks were available. I don't think it seriously affected my grade, but by the end of each section I was tense, much tenser than I have been at tables while conducting my PTs.

I really hate to complain, but what do y'all think? Should I report this to the LSAC?

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    I know for a fact my test center is located in a classroom with tiny arm desks. A lot of my friends had to taken it under those conditions (I will most likely have to as well). It's a nuisance but I don't think it's something that'll give you much traction if you do complain. The only thing you have going for you is the fact there were different types of desks with varying real estates. :/
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    If you retake, try to retake it at a laws school since they usually have theater seating with large curving desks instead of chair desks.

Also, if you don't tell the LSAC, how will they know? I'm sure they want the best conditions for their test takers and they get promised a bill of goods just like we do when we buy a car. If it's a lemon, say so! That way LSAC will know that center can only accommodate a certain number of takers next time.

Sorry you had a rough go of it. Kudos for pumping it out anyways!
  • polsckenpolscken Alum Member
    199 karma
    Thanks. That's a really good point. In my email I will make clear that I'm really not looking for something else I honestly just would rather no one else has to take theirs on those desks.

• Drini925Drini925 Member
    67 karma
    I had an issue with my testing center because of tiny desk seating - at a college I did my undergrad at and knew for a fact it was terrible in comparison to what the school had. I informed LSAC and got a pretty snarky suck-it-up-esque response. They don't care.