Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Broke the barrier!

kacantolinakacantolina Free Trial Member
in General 85 karma
Nothing much to say here except that after a grueling month and a half of study, I finally broke the 170 barrier! Here's hoping it wasn't a freak accident and I can keep it up. I'm taking the February LSAT and I'm starting to feel pretty confident!!

Comments

• desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Awesome job! Keep up the work day by day.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    As long as you took the PT under "real" conditions, that 170+ score was no freak accident! Good job, keep it up.
  • Wind-Up BirdWind-Up Bird Alum Member
    284 karma
    Congrats! Best of luck on the rest of your studies, and I hope it keeps up :D
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @MrSamIam said:
    As long as you took the PT under "real" conditions, that 170+ score was no freak accident! Good job, keep it up.
    My sentiment exactly! no one gets a 170 by accident. You earned it!

Congrats! Here's to many more!
  • lawschoolstuff16lawschoolstuff16 Alum Member
    328 karma
    @MrSamIam said:
    Exactly! Glad to hear this. It's making me excited about breaking this barrier myself.
  • kacantolinakacantolina Free Trial Member
    85 karma
    @lawschoolstuff16 said:
    @MrSamIam said:
    Exactly! Glad to hear this. It's making me excited about breaking this barrier myself.

Congratulations to you as well! It feels so good, especially when I was starting to think the best I'd ever do was a 167!
  • Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma
    CONGRATULATIONS! Keep up the excellent momentum!!
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma
    Congratulations!!! Breaking 170 is such a great feeling!
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Wow! Nice!
    328 karma
    If you don't mind me asking, what do you think helped you the most to break a 170?
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27878 karma
    Nice! That's a huge milestone! Take a moment to bask in the glory, then back to work. Now that you've proven you can do it, time to really up your game to. Definitely not a fluke (assuming proper testing conditions), so just don't let up!
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    get it in!!!
  • TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma
    A month and a half? Im jealous.. Been going at it for almost a year and no 170 except during BR, lmao.

Nice though, that's great!!
  • LnanncampbellLnanncampbell Alum Member
    104 karma
    That rocks! Congratulations on all of your hard work! That is something to be so proud of!!! Keep it up!
  • cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma
    @lawschoolstuff16 I had the same question!
    edited December 2016 85 karma
    @lawschoolstuff16 said:
    If you don't mind me asking, what do you think helped you the most to break a 170?
    Hey! I think 1. pressure from the December test letting out really helped me break 170, but my biggest problem was the logic games. I spent maybe 2 weeks doing nothing but complete timed logic game sections with no pauses or interruptions, and then redid all of the sections until I got all of the answers right. I think that pushed me over the edge, because I really never struggled with RC. Next up, I need to start working on my logical reasoning sections, because I seem to miss between 2-5 for every single one and I feel like I have the most area to improve there. But mostly, I think it was just relaxing a little and cutting myself some slack after all that hard work. I had a big jump in score after I took a few days off. So far I've taken another test and got a 169--it's not 170, but it definitely tells me that the first score wasn't a fluke!
    328 karma
    @kacantolina so you think it was just focusing on weaker areas that you were struggling in that really helped push you over a couple of points? This is helpful advice thank you!
  • tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma
    What do you mean you redid the sections? Untimed?
    85 karma
    @tams2018 said:
    What do you mean you redid the sections? Untimed?
    No--every time I re-did a section, I timed it again. And I made sure to do the whole section of all 4 games for 35 minutes, instead of splitting it into shorter segments of time to work on individual games. That way I forced my brain to move rapidly between logic games and I started getting better at managing time for the whole section.
    85 karma
    @lawschoolstuff16 said:
    @kacantolina so you think it was just focusing on weaker areas that you were struggling in that really helped push you over a couple of points? This is helpful advice thank you!
    Absolutely! I think there are some sections I might not even get around to studying, because I don't miss many questions in them. Now that I've improved my logic games significantly, my weakest area is actually logical reasoning, so I'll start studying mostly those sections as well and see if I can see greater improvement there.