Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time to contact schools?

full.moon.howler94full.moon.howler94 Alum Member
in General 83 karma
Hello all, first off congrats to those of you who took the Dec LSAT, goal score or not (for me it was not), it took bravery and is another step towards law school!

As hinted above, my score was well below my goal, and also way below what I was recently averaging. I’m taking a different approach to the February test, which will hopefully allow me to score at my potential.

All that being said, two of my schools have a deadline of application before I even take the next LSAT. Cornell and U of Michigan to be specific, cite that they wont necessarily turn down apps beyond the closing date, but that availability will be extremely limited. I hear this, and I am ready to do what I have to in terms of trying for my best score and maybe postponing a cycle if it comes to that.

The question I’m left with though is how to proceed right now. Should I submit my app, which with my current score wont even be a consideration, with an email saying that I plan to sit again for Feb. 2017, and request that be waited for, while acknowledging that space will be on availability only? Or, do I wait to get my next score, and see where things go from there.

As always, thanks to this community for all of its support.

Comments

• ticklemeluuticklemeluu Alum Member
    28 karma
    I'm kinda in the same boat - also did not do as well on Dec 16 as I was averaging. I hit submit already, so I'm going to be sending out emails informing the schools I will be sitting for the Feb exam. I guess whether they decide to wait evaluate my app with the Feb score is really up to the school. Fingers crossed!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @full.moon.howler94 said:
    The question I’m left with though is how to proceed right now. Should I submit my app, which with my current score wont even be a consideration, with an email saying that I plan to sit again for Feb. 2017, and request that be waited for, while acknowledging that space will be on availability only? Or, do I wait to get my next score, and see where things go from there.
    I think you should save your app and submit with a score you're comfortable with. Also if you do take in February, it's probably better for you to still submit next cycle to boost your chances of admissions with a good scholarship :)
  • stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma
    I second @montaha.rizeq. If your current score is not within the range of the schools you are applying for, there's a decent chance that they won't be interested in seeing your February score, especially so late in the cycle. Even if you were admitted, you'd probably be paying sticker. If you can wait another year, I'd do that! Good luck!
  • full.moon.howler94full.moon.howler94 Alum Member
    83 karma
    Sounds good, i'll take the advice into consideration, thanks for the responses all. Good luck to you all as well!