Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Average amount of growth over time?

Good morning! I hope all of you are doing well. I am sorry to bother you, but I was wondering what your average growth is? I took an LSAT practice with zero knowledge from the practical 10 about 6 weeks ago, and scored a 147. I only took one in the past month with only the help of the LSAT Trainer and scored a 155, and have just taken one today, after taking this course for about ten hours, and scored a 161. I have studying pretty rigidly over the last five weeks or so, or as rigidly as I can on top of teaching 27 credit hours, but I am worried that I am not on track for June's test. Is there any form of gauge for me to tell, or do any of you have any experiences you could share? Thank you so much in advanced for your time and consideration.

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@ajasper your improvements are awesome! I certainly wasn't PT in the 160s after my first time through the curriculum! What's your goal? You're already in the 160s so that's cool. It'll probably be harder for you to creep from the 160s to the 170s but definitely doable, I think, before June. If LG is holding you back you have pleeenty of time to conquer that. If not, get a few more PT under your felt and use the analytics to determine your weaknesses and drill the heck out of them. Don't be afraid to return to the curriculum or The LSAT Trainer. Sometimes things just stick after a few more runs through. I can't tell you how many times I've read the RC sections in The LSAT Trainer. Don't worry. I think you're on the right track. Just keep doing what your doing! Good luck!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma

Your average PT performance is the best gauge there is assuming you are strictly replicating test day conditions. Beyond that though, you should be just as concerned with your BR scores as your timed scores. Those two metrics in combination are much more meaningful than either one on its own.

• Thank you so much @tanes256 and @"Cant Get Right" ; I try to do the tests exactly as it is time wise and what have you for the test. I think the only thing that maybe different is how many distractions there are. I currently live in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and whether I am at work or home, there is construction everywhere, noisy coworkers, etc. When it comes to BR scores, I am trying to become accustomed to grading this way. I keep the questions I struggle with in my pocket to review,and this appears to be helping. I am hoping to get a 170+, but I suppose only time will tell. It is just this test is so different from others: I got a 33 on my ACT with a perfect in writing, a 165 in verbal and a 158 in quantitative on the GRE, a perfect score on my comps for grad school, but this test man. It isn't like anything I have ever prepared for. Thank you both again for your help. I will tighten up on Blind Reviewing.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Congrats on the improvements! Those some huge leaps that you should be proud of!

As said before, don't be afraid to go back through the curriculum. It's your friend! That is something that I wish that I did way back when I first started studying. Don't burn through the PTs in order to verify for your understanding. You are perfectly fine if you are taking one week or one every two weeks. You should spend the bulk of your time on BR. When you think you have BR'd as hard as you can, I promise you can go even harder. And once you feel you have gone as deep as you can on a test, I promise that you can go even deeper. This has been the difference maker for me as of lately, but I digress. Read each question stimulus actively, constantly analyzing each statement. Read each passage for structure and right the structure down (see Accounts Playable's RC explanations). Fool Proof every single game and when you finish watch the videos even if you knew everything 100%.

Lastly, don't put a time limit on your goals. I know that you probably want to test in June, but you don't have to. I started much lower than you and it has taken me a while to get to where I want to be but I would have never got here if I put a deadline on my goals. You should test when you are ready and when you are confident that you can get the score that you want. There is so much that you can learn from each and every exam (especially retakes) so make sure that you have a thorough process. Getting a question right doesn't matter if your processes are not solid. It is all in the process because the process will lead you to the correct answer, especially under pressure.