Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT on resume ?

combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
in General 652 karma

I have a quick question. I don't start law school until the fall and I know that you usually don't do internships until after your second year but I have a question and I don't know if anyone will be able to answer it but here we go. So obviously in law school you learn how to do a new type of resume. My question pertains to the LSAT and whether or not that is something potential employers care about, especially in Biglaw

Comments

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma

No no no don't do it. It's braggy and gunner-y. If you're coming from the T-14, let your law school accomplishments speak for themselves. Any school that tells you to put your LSAT score on your resume is probably TTT.

• combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
    652 karma

@stgl1230 that's what I was thinking as well. If I was an employer, I wouldn't care what someone got on a test that, when their actual performance in law school is more telling of what their ability as a lawyer is.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@stgl1230 said:
    No no no don't do it. It's braggy and gunner-y. If you're coming from the T-14, let your law school accomplishments speak for themselves. Any school that tells you to put your LSAT score on your resume is probably TTT.

Definitely agree with this !

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    edited February 2017 821 karma

@"Alex Divine" @combsni I think the slight exception might be if your LSAT (and rest of your application) warranted a tuition + stipend named scholarship like a Dillard, Mordecai, Darrow, Ruby, etc. In that case you wouldn't state your LSAT score, but it's reasonable to list the scholarship on your resume, right?

example:
    Duke University School of Law
    Activities, societies, honors etc: Mordecai Scholar

• dcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdc Alum Member
    edited February 2017 382 karma

Not sure what context you are asking this in (e.g. you are applying to internships/work now).

Depending on where you are looking (i.e. what industry, what company), might be useful. A number of management consulting firms like to see your GMAT score, even if you didn't attend business school, or some other standardized test score. They would also probably want to see your LSAT score if you were pre-law. Also might be a good idea to include a percentile score. If your score is very high, it may be to your benefit to disclose it. I'd include in this group any large financial firm that prides itself on a "brand" or "prestige." If you can play that game, then you will increase your chance of being interviewed.

If you are playing to an audience that understands these scores and values them, then it is to your credit to present that information up front on your CV before they have a chance to bury it. The same way these groups might cull resumes by school or grades, they may use standardized test scores to keep you on for an interview.