Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June LSAT Test Site FULL

Treyes711Treyes711 Member

All the test sites in and surrounding the NYC area are full for registration for the June LSAT. The options are to either be on the waitlist or go to Philly (Philly is the closest site based on my NYC zip code). Does anyone know if being on the waitlist is a promising option? Should I go ahead sign up for the one in Philly and hope that a spot will open up here in NYC? Any insights will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Treyes711 said:
    All the test sites in and surrounding the NYC area are full for registration for the June LSAT. The options are to either be on the waitlist or go to Philly (Philly is the closest site based on my NYC zip code). Does anyone know if being on the waitlist is a promising option? Should I go ahead sign up for the one in Philly and hope that a spot will open up here in NYC? Any insights will be greatly appreciated!

Not sure how often seats open up, but I imagine they must. However, who knows how far down on the waitlist you will be. If you are ready and want to take in June I think it best to sign up for a Philly location where at least you know you'll have a seat.

• guzmanandrea93guzmanandrea93 Alum Member
    40 karma

I was in a similar situation in the San Francisco Bay Area. I added myself to the waitlist, and was placed at a location about 80 miles away almost immediately. It's not my ideal location so I'm trying to get some more information to see if I can change centers to a closer location. But from my understanding, if you are on the waitlist you are basically guaranteed a spot within the 100 miles radius, it just might not be your preferred location. Hope that helps!

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

I personally wouldnt want to deal with the uncertainty. I dont know when they would tell you if you got accepted off the WL but finding out within a few days of the test would throw my routine/nerves off. I think it would be better to just pick a 2nd choice, and plan on going the night before and staying in a hotel. That way you have concrete plans and nothing will change.