Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Passages on Law

swnam90swnam90 Alum Member
edited November 2014 in General 32 karma
Hey, fellow 7sagers.

I'm having trouble with law passages in reading.
Knowing this, I now freeze when I see a passage about law.
Any advice on what outside material or reading might help?
I read the Economist and Scientific American, but they don't seem to provide much help in terms of
law passages..

Comments

• miriruchertmiriruchert Alum Member
    180 karma
    reading case law summaries provided by cornell's legal information institute might help. my favorite! http://www.law.cornell.edu. I am pretty sure there will be a lot of reading of law passages in law school, so this will help to prep you for that too. Good luck! Miriam
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Whew, you're gonna be reading lots of cases (and summaries) in school!

Maybe go to the library and take out a legal book that is more essay-structured, like a book on law and morality, or a book on positivism v.s. natural law or something. This will also help for having a framework for law which may be helpful once you enter law school. Also, those books I mentioned may be more similar to LSAT passages which are usually like essays and arguments.

• SoCal JaporeanSoCal Japorean Free Trial Member
    147 karma
    I agree. Examples and Explanations of Civil Procedure and Torts cured me of any apprehension of Law passages.
  • swnam90swnam90 Alum Member
    32 karma
    Thanks guys. I'll try your suggestions, except, I'm in Korea and I don't have access to a library with books from the U.S. lol.. but! I can try the cornell website. :) GL!