Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Constant need to test

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
in General 13286 karma

Hey, so I find myself having a constant desire to take a full PT. I do sections of the CC and instantly want to take a test to apply what I've learned and see if it makes a "huge" difference in my score. I am wise enough to know this is not the case but I think I really crave that "reward" of seeing my score. This is actually hurting my studying because I'm so eager to jump right into a test after each CC section that I don't hammer the core concepts home. How often do you PT? Do you PT only once you are done with the CC? or did/do you PT during the course? How can I find ways to "reward" myself without wasting an entire test?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

When I first began, I too felt that way. You can always drill questions or entire sections to gauge improvement. I think it is best to only PT once you have finished the CC and have every Q type down pretty well. If you're doing well on drills and the corresponding problem sets, you are well on your way to doing well on PTs. I always found it rewarding when I would go -0 on a problem set or do a timed section and see improvement.

1-2 PTs week is what most recommend with 3 being the max.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    When I first began, I too felt that way. You can always drill questions or entire sections to gauge improvement. I think it is best to only PT once you have finished the CC and have every Q type down pretty well. If you're doing well on drills and the corresponding problem sets, you are well on your way to doing well on PTs. I always found it rewarding when I would go -0 on a problem set or do a timed section and see improvement.

This is sort of what I was thinking. I just really want to see more analytics and scores. I'm not sure why but the feeling of finishing, reviewing and then scoring a test is almost....dare I say it....fun? Am I sick?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited May 2017 23929 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

This is sort of what I was thinking. I just really want to see more analytics and scores. I'm not sure why but the feeling of finishing, reviewing and then scoring a test is almost....dare I say it....fun? Am I sick?

If you're sick, then so am I..lmao

• jaefromcanadajaefromcanada Alum Member
    315 karma

I fully understand this. I felt that way too when I was going through the CC.
    One advice that I received from one of the sages is that PT's are a means to an end; but not an end in itself. It's there to expose weaknesses/strengths rather than a mere score.
    Not to mention that if you rush into PT's and don't do well, it'll shatter your confidence and hinder your progress.
    I recommend doing full sections to apply concepts and timing strategies as a remedy for your eagerness.

• jaefromcanadajaefromcanada Alum Member
    315 karma

^ and by full sections I mean from PT's 1-35!