Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Excited for LG...

cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
edited May 2017 in General 737 karma

So I sort of restarted the curriculum because my scores were dipping, finally got to seq w/ a twist games this morning and was feeling pretty excited to start... what is happening lol good morning and good luck to everyone with their studies!

Comments

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

That's awesome to hear! I love LG far and away the most out of the sections. Getting to a new and unique game that just "clicks" is super rewarding!

I'm glad you've found joy in your studies though, keep up the good work! And send some motivation my way! :blush:

• AidoeAidoe Free Trial Member
    236 karma

I call it stockholm syndrome.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@cgracia12 I love it! Same thing happened to me with RC. I was reading something and things just started to click and I couldn't wait to tackle the first passage. I just wanted to make RC my lil b*%@^!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Aidoe said:
    I call it stockholm syndrome.

Hahaha! I think this is a strong possibility

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

You are my hero, lmfao!

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

@tanes256 said:
    @cgracia12 I love it! Same thing happened to me with RC. I was reading something and things just started to click and I couldn't wait to tackle the first passage. I just wanted to make RC my lil b*%@^!

"make RC my lil Bi***" LOL!!!

• lsatstudierlsatstudier Alum Member
    151 karma

What helped you like RC?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@cgracia12 said:

@tanes256 said:

"make RC my lil Bi***" LOL!!!

Need to find a way to make this into a funny LSAT-related meme, haha.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@lsatstudier I wouldn't say I like RC I just think I've finally found a way to get a decent score on the section. The RC portion of the curriculum always seemed incomplete to me because the memory method wasn't working for me. I read the RC portions of The LSAT Trainer several times and things just started to click. I've always thought there was some sort of RC "template" somewhere that LSAC uses because how many ways can you ask about the author's tone/attitude etc.? I just started to pick up on the structure I guess. Seems obvious but when an example is given you should note what it was an example of and if or how it relates to the author or critics stance, if applicable. Or, when the author's stance is mentioned be on the lookout for the critic's opposition. I've also been able to predict that they'll ask what a certain phrase ( ex. lines 5-7) means just because something is oddly worded. Overall I just got more comfortable with noticing patterns and structure. I haven't by any means mastered RC but it's better than the ~30 that I used to get on the section lol!

• lsatstudierlsatstudier Alum Member
    151 karma

Thanks @tanes256! Congrats on this, I hope I get there too!