Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Passages on Law - 7Sage Forum

Passages on Law

swnam90swnam90 Alum Member
edited November 2014 in General 32 karma
Hey, fellow 7sagers.

I'm having trouble with law passages in reading.
Knowing this, I now freeze when I see a passage about law.
Any advice on what outside material or reading might help?
I read the Economist and Scientific American, but they don't seem to provide much help in terms of
law passages..

Comments

• miriruchertmiriruchert Alum Member
    180 karma
    reading case law summaries provided by cornell's legal information institute might help. my favorite! http://www.law.cornell.edu. I am pretty sure there will be a lot of reading of law passages in law school, so this will help to prep you for that too. Good luck! Miriam
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Whew, you're gonna be reading lots of cases (and summaries) in school!

Maybe go to the library and take out a legal book that is more essay-structured, like a book on law and morality, or a book on positivism v.s. natural law or something. This will also help for having a framework for law which may be helpful once you enter law school. Also, those books I mentioned may be more similar to LSAT passages which are usually like essays and arguments.

• SoCal JaporeanSoCal Japorean Free Trial Member
    147 karma
    I agree. Examples and Explanations of Civil Procedure and Torts cured me of any apprehension of Law passages.
  • swnam90swnam90 Alum Member
    32 karma
    Thanks guys. I'll try your suggestions, except, I'm in Korea and I don't have access to a library with books from the U.S. lol.. but! I can try the cornell website. :) GL!