Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with LG?

nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
edited May 2017 in Logic Games 1723 karma

So i am just finishing the CC and i have always struggled with LGs. I find that sometimes i can finish a game which is rated at a 5 in difficulty with no problem at all. But then i will completely bomb a game that is apparently really easy and after 7 or 8 minutes i give up and watch JYs explanation. Not sure why this is happening. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Improving on LG simply comes down to volume and repetition. Do games from PTs 1-35 over and over, at least 4 times for each and every game. Follow Pacifico's LG fool proof method.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@AllezAllez21 said:
    Improving on LG simply comes down to volume and repetition. Do games from PTs 1-35 over and over, at least 4 times for each and every game. Follow Pacifico's LG fool proof method.

Yeah, I'm not the best person as games, but I got -4 usually, or so. Prioritize making a perfect diagram, reading it correctly without hesitation. And don't worry much about difficulty; that shit is subjective. Nothing worse than hearing JY's voice at the beginning of an explanation say, "this is about as easy a game as it gets on the LSAT. Try to do this in under 5 mins"

When those things happen watch the video, take notes, and figure out what is causing the issue...Maybe you need to return to the lessons on conditional logic, or more likely you just missed an inference. Watch the video 10x if need be before you get it. It's wroth it.

Not to mention, if you are getting really challenging games right, is it because you've been switching to newer/older games. I personally find a good amount of the older ones a bit more hard, even if they are rated easy. And once you find the game breaking inference, you'll be a pro! : )

Good luck

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma

Yeah, as @AllezAllez21 said, mastering LG is all about just practicing as many games as possible. Foolproof LG from PT 1-35 and any other PTs you have done. A lot of people hope to find a key insight to mastering LG (there are more key insights in LR). LG is just a skill you have to learn through repetition. It reminds me of learning the times tables.

@"Alex Divine" makes a great point about putting time upfront to make a solid diagram. I also recommend taking some time to make inferences. J.Y often says in his videos that you have to make those inferences for particular questions anyways, why not take care of it upfront and build confidence. I also agree about not worrying about J.Y.'s time suggestions. They are there as a rough guide, not to freak you out. Honestly, some of his 5 minute games do not seem like 5 minute games to me, at least not the first time that you try them.

Good luck!