Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perfecting LG

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
in Logic Games 13286 karma

Good morning all. I am currently stuck in a score range of a 157-161. I have been here for quite some time. I have spent most of the time trying to hammer down LR because it is my weakest section. However on LG I am consistently -2 to -4. These missed points need to be eliminated.

My fear is, I learned LG through a different course. I am scared if I relearn logic games through 7sage methods I will either get confused, or my score will suffer. This may be a completely unfounded fear but it is there.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can go about perfecting these games? Is taking timed 35min sections with review enough to hammer out these last few points? Just looking for some general advice to help me nudge my score ever so slightly forward.

Comments

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    659 karma

I first learned LG with the PS methods, and while they are a good, basic intro to games, 7sage really digs deep into the logic behind the games, which is invaluable especially when it comes to some of the more recent "odd" games. You'll learn not only how to memorize certain types of games with certain types of approaches but how to think in terms of LG in general, which helps tremendously when it comes to adapting to non-traditional games. Skills such as linking and reading conditional chains, splitting game boards, and making inferences before jumping into AC's have boosted my LG scores from okay to nearly perfect. If you are not taking in June, I definitely think it's worth the time investment to learn the 7sage method. In doing so, you'll also allow yourself to better understand JY's video explanations of specific logic games. He assumes a basic understanding of conditionality etc., and learning those types of skills through the CC will only help you as you review areas of potential improvement.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

I agree with Zachary.

Do fool proofing as explained here:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy

LG is all about massive amount of repetition on tons of logic games. Abandon your old methods for 7Sage methods. You might initially struggle, but over the long term you will be better off.

• GrecoRomanGrecoRoman Alum Member
    140 karma

Give it a shot and see how it goes. Maybe you will like 7sage's way better. Can't hurt to try.