Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC Pacing strategy

lsnnnnn0011lsnnnnn0011 Alum Member

Hi,

I think the effective time management skill is the key for high scores in LSAT. Could you guys please share how you strategically pace through the RC section? (How much time you spend on reading each passage, solving a question, skipping, determining which passage you should attempt first, etc)

Thank you so much!!!!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@lsnnnnn0011 said:
    Hi,

I think the effective time management skill is the key for high scores in LSAT. Could you guys please share how you strategically pace through the RC section? (How much time you spend on reading each passage, solving a question, skipping, determining which passage you should attempt first, etc)

Thank you so much!!!!

I learned RC from 7Sage, The LSAT Trainer and Manhattan RC.

I think effective time management is going to be spending somewhere around ~3:30 per reading the passage and ~:45 seconds per question. I attempt the passages in order (though I've heard of skipping around) and I am still working on an RC sipping strategy that works for me. Or should I say, still experimenting.

Through doing lots of sections, you will start to feel yourself flowing through the sections and passages more naturally.

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

And apparently this skill is even more important with how insanely hard people are saying the RC section was in June..

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

bumping this point in case other people have additional views/input to share -- I'm scoring comfortably in the 170s now but sometimes find myself pressed for time in RC. Do people actually save time to go back and review their answers during a RC section? I have found that since so many RC questions involve testing your short term memory, it's unlikely that you would better handle a question after continuing on to additional passages and coming back at the end (which is in contrast to LR, where I frequently come back to questions at the end of the section and find that it "clicks" better the second time around).

Do other people have opinions on this matter? Or on other aspects of RC pacing/strategy/time management.