Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking a break

sgndawsgndaw Alum Member
edited November 2014 in General 45 karma
So I am taking the December test, I have studied all the material. I am not burned out but I am mentally tired. I want to take a break but I am little fearful that taking a couple of days off will take away from studying. Any thoughts?

Comments

• danballinger5danballinger5 Alum Member
    198 karma
    Go see a movie or something. Like muscles, the brain needs some rest as well. I doubt you'll have trouble getting back to the grind after a few days of well-deserved rest.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Just take a day then! See if the day helps. Exercise, take a big nap, go for dinner, see your friends, or see a movie.Or spend the whole day just watching your fav TV show.
    I think everyone is scared to lose ground (me too), but someone sent me this big speech from the Dean of Harvard. And they said it applied so much to what we're all going through. Basically it said that, you've already made it here, and that's commendable in itself, but your mind won't grow without rest. So rest. :) it was a good read. I'll try and find the link.
  • sgndawsgndaw Alum Member
    45 karma
    Thank you very much, I will heed your advice
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    If it counts someone just put an article on my desk.
    It says to schedule regular study breaks "they are just as important as study time. Watching a movie or going for coffee for an hour to clear my head is so important. It helps with focus and keeps my mood up so I don't feel overwhelmed" - someone was quoted as saying!