/

LsatbreakingnewsLsatbreakingnews Alum Member
edited August 2017 in Logic Games 392 karma

/

Comments

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited June 2017 2301 karma

Hi @Euthyphro,

I just did a little interesting research on the topic in order to help you. I found this helpful technical paper put out by the LSAC (For some reason the hyperlink does not work, please copy and paste the full URL into your web browser):

http://www.lsac.org/docs/default-source/research-(lsac-resources)/tr-12-01.pdf

On page 4 of the document, there is a list of the disabilities that the LSAC recognizes. General Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder are all listed. Now, it does not say what accommodations you can get with these conditions, but the LSAC does recognize them as being relevant to the LSAT.

If you feel that you qualify, you can find more information and the forms you need to fill out at http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/accommodated-testing

You will need your doctor/psychologist to fill out the documents as well. In addition, you will need to account for the time that LSAC will take to process your request and either accept/deny it. You also want to have some extra time in case you get denied and want to appeal the decision and collect additional documentation to support your case. As with most things with the LSAC, you should submit your initial request/documents as soon as possible. It is also important to mention that you will need to register for an LSAT test before you can apply for accommodations for that particular test.

As for the prior accommodations, it is helpful but not required to receive accommodations on the LSAC. The page I linked has a helpful list of evidence that the LSAC likes to see. This includes prior accommodations, official psychological tests, comprehensive evaluations, and a history of the disability. You want to provide as much information as possible so that the LSAC can make an informed decision. However, the absence of any one of these pieces of evidence does not mean that you are instantly disqualified.

Hopefully this helps. I wish you all the best!

• 4everchasing4everchasing Alum Member
    74 karma

I would say its always worth trying and just give it your all, because if you get it, it could make a hugeeee difference for you. Also, dont be afraid to appeal if necessary.