September Study Group | PT 51 | Sunday, June 18 @ 7p EDT / 6p CST / 4p PST

Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
edited June 2017 in Study Groups 1997 karma

The efficiency last week was awesome. I think the google form worked greatly to streamline the process and cut down on wasted time contemplating which questions to cover. The only thing I'd like to see improve is the number of people who are actually contributing on the calls. I just want to remind you all that at some point these will stop being public and the open door policy will cease to exist. If you want to stick around you have to contribute and pull your own weight. There has been 4-7 (regular) individuals talking so far and 15+ on the call. If you vote for a question for review, I want you available to discuss it.

Question review form : https://zach191.typeform.com/to/tHraGa

Also worth noting - I am including the experimental section in the poll. We will review the experimental section at the end of the call if anyone wishes to stick around for it.

Test Details:

PT: 51
Experimental Section: RC from PT56
(I recommend inserting the experimental in between sections 2 and 3, or 3 and 4)

Date: Sunday, June 18th
Time: 7:00pm Eastern / 6:00pm Central / 4:00pm Pacific

For our full PT schedule please see the following link : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NqvbW4p83dpFmihrUOeWf6Dx8ETo25rLE1q1nPzOrpg/edit?usp=sharing

Notes:

• PLEASE Don't look at the answers before the call. If you do look at the correct answers, in the spirit of discussion, don't say "I know this is wrong" or "I know this is right", etc.
  • Please take the PT under strictly timed conditions.
  • BR on a fresh copy and do not check your scores
  • All stages of prep are welcome. Please just show up willing to participate!
  • These calls can easily last for a few hours. You are not required to stay for the entire time, but please stay as long as possible to get the most out of the call.

GoToMeeting Details:

September '17 Sunday Study Group

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/410064813

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3311

Access Code: 410-064-813

First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: https://care.citrixonline.com/g2m/getready

Comments

• imhungryimtiredimhungryimtired Alum Member
    44 karma

Thank you for organizing this. I haven't had a chance to join yet, but planning on soon!

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma

I want to echo what @Mellow_Z said about volunteering to speak during calls. It is intimidating for everyone, but it is the best way to learn.

Listening to other people do problems is nice, but you really have to learn to break down arguments by actually doing them. It reminds me of when one of my math professors explained something during class. Everyone got it, but when it came time to do homework that insight was suddenly nowhere be found. You have to actually practice it for the knowledge to stick.

Thus, I encourage everyone to volunteer to do the questions they want to cover. I am always amazed by the unique insights that people have regardless of their score range (140s, 150s, 160s, or 170s). Stuff that I completely miss, you guys bring to light. Please help everyone, including yourself, by volunteering. I look forward to hearing more voices (hopefully not in my head) on Sunday!

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    edited June 2017 1997 karma

Hey guys. Idk if any of you were around, but I recently moved (on Friday). We've had a ton of issues (AC broken and the apartment has been 85+, as well as busted water lines) and as a result I won't be around this evening. I'm hoping someone can host the call, but if not I can log in real quick and start the call and pass ownership off to someone else. If anyone has access to host the call please post in here so I know, otherwise I'll hop on at 7!

• btsao650btsao650 Alum Member
    254 karma

@Mellow_Z you have to be a 7Sage admin to host the call right? Also, since you will be gone, will we be granted access to view the question review form? Thanks Zach!

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

@Mellow_Z I believe you need to have admin access to begin the call, so we might need you to start the call but you can assign one of us as organizer once we get in there to let the meeting continue

1997 karma

Im logging in now to set it up .. please hang tight!

1997 karma

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8YJpSFU7AlFcS02RmxxTlJsSEU/view?usp=sharing

here is the link to the form submission. Please let me know if I can help any other way, sorry to bail so last minute.

254 karma

I wish we had more time to discuss guys! Great discussion tonight. We definitely will have to remember to establish multiple organizers next time...

edited June 2017 775 karma

@Mellow_Z anyway you can start the meeting again? Seema lost internet connection so our meeting had to end cuz she was the only organizer.

If we don't get this back up, still a great discussion tonight everyone! Great job :)

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited June 2017 2301 karma

@Mellow_Z If you are still online, can you please restart the call. We lost @sweetsecret (our only organizer).

Also, @"Dillon A. Wright" if you see this, can you please restart the call. Thanks!

• SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma

Zach is driving in a rainstorm, he said he will start it up again once he gets home! I tried making both Daniel and Barbara organizers but I don't know if it worked!!! :(

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

In the event that we do not resume or that I am offline once you do so, great discussion tonight everyone! Thank you for the help with Flaw and NA questions :)

1997 karma

im starting it up now. sorry, was driving in a rain storm

254 karma

We are back online everyone! Thank you so much @Mellow_Z

1997 karma

Yeah sorry for the shortcomings this week. Im glad you guys still made the best of it. Ive been running around like a chicken with my head cut off figuring stuff out before work tomorrow, so sorry again for being so disorganized. We will rally back strong next week!

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

Thanks Zach :smiley:

775 karma

@sweetsecret and I will be going over PT56 RC (the experimental section we didn't get to) on Tuesday at 7pm pacific/9pm central/10 eastern time. Let us know if you'd like to join!

@btsao650 @"Adam Hawks" @"Daniel.Sieradzki" @spitzy11 I know there were others on the call but I unfortunately don't know everyone's usernames. I hope you all see this :)

775 karma

@Mellow_Z Thanks for getting the call back up for us! I hope everything works out for you!

1997 karma

@dml277 said:
    @Mellow_Z Thanks for getting the call back up for us! I hope everything works out for you!

Yeah I'll be fine, just a string of shitty circumstances and bad timing :unamused:

I'm glad you guys still managed to remain productive!

1997 karma

Did you guys prefer the typeform survey, or the google form survey better? I wanted to discuss that with everyone tonight, but obviously didn't get the chance to do so!

254 karma

@Mellow_Z I liked the typeform survey a lot better than the google survey, mainly because you can see everyone's names and what questions they picked. I feel like we were able to streamline a lot of the questions this last meeting because a wide variety of group members actively contributed to the questions they selected!

As a side note Zach, if it becomes troublesome for you to convert the typeform results into a google excel sheet each time before we have a meeting, we can also move to google sheets when the group becomes private. Just a thought!

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

I also really liked being able to see who picked what. Personally, I am very shy and sometimes it's intimidating to speak out so having others call me out helped me become more comfortable with speaking up. lol

• needmylsat180needmylsat180 Alum Member
    175 karma

@dml277 said:
    @sweetsecret and I will be going over PT56 RC (the experimental section we didn't get to) on Tuesday at 7pm pacific/9pm central/10 eastern time. Let us know if you'd like to join!

Can you add me on the list? THANKSSS

775 karma

@needmylsat180 said:

@dml277 said:

Can you add me on the list? THANKSSS

Hi! I'm not sure if by list you mean the tag list for this study group. You should ask @Mellow_Z if you'd like to be tagged. But if you meant you'd like to go over PT56RC tomorrow, let me know and I can send you the discord link!

• alyssamcc0593alyssamcc0593 Alum Member
    290 karma

Hi Everyone, I had to go into work on Sunday until 1 am, so I wasn't able to attend this week. I know some of these groups will start becoming private, but I will definitely be coming to the rest of the sessions so if I could still be tagged that would be great. Hope everyone's studying is going well.

• dfletch5dfletch5 Alum Member
    260 karma

Hi everyone! I was at a funeral during the call. Sorry I couldn't attend :-(

• dfletch5dfletch5 Alum Member
    260 karma

I tried to log in, but I didn't have a reliable connection. Kudos to everyone who kept persevering despite weather and tech challenges! -:)

• needmylsat180needmylsat180 Alum Member
    175 karma

@dml277 said:

Hi! I'm not sure if by list you mean the tag list for this study group. You should ask @Mellow_Z if you'd like to be tagged. But if you meant you'd like to go over PT56RC tomorrow, let me know and I can send you the discord link!

oh sorry for the confusion, I meant the list for the RC tomorrow, THANKSSS

• -ObbuddO--ObbuddO- Alum Member
    edited June 2017 236 karma

@spitzy11 said:
    I also really liked being able to see who picked what. Personally, I am very shy and sometimes it's intimidating to speak out so having others call me out helped me become more comfortable with speaking up. lol

I feel the same way! I'm scared of taking initiative...probably not gonna do litigation in the future...

• MindyKaleMindyKale Alum Member
    350 karma

Hey everyone,
    I am unsure if this is the wrong place to ask but how do I join this study group? I went through the google sheets with the schedule for what PT's we are doing on what weekends but I am unsure where to join the group in general and how it works.
    Please do let me know.

1997 karma

@MindyKale said:
    Hey everyone,
    I am unsure if this is the wrong place to ask but how do I join this study group? I went through the google sheets with the schedule for what PT's we are doing on what weekends but I am unsure where to join the group in general and how it works.
    Please do let me know.

Hi! All you have to do to join the group is to join our call on Sunday evenings. Our schedule shows which PT we will be reviewing, so your prep before sunday would be to take the PT listed, and then blind review it as necessary. We will then discuss the questions that people have in more detail and work through troublesome topics/question types/answer choices. I will add you to the tag list in the future!

1997 karma

@btsao650 said:
    @Mellow_Z I liked the typeform survey a lot better than the google survey, mainly because you can see everyone's names and what questions they picked. I feel like we were able to streamline a lot of the questions this last meeting because a wide variety of group members actively contributed to the questions they selected!

As a side note Zach, if it becomes troublesome for you to convert the typeform results into a google excel sheet each time before we have a meeting, we can also move to google sheets when the group becomes private. Just a thought!

@spitzy11 said:

@AcciObrAin said:

@spitzy11 said:

I feel the same way! I'm scared of taking initiative...probably not gonna do litigation in the future...

@btsao650 @spitzy11 I appreciate all of the feedback! Exporting to the google doc sheet wasn't time consuming at all, it is a built in function of the website, it just didn't come out neat or easy to comprehend (which is ultimately my fault for being so rushed to get it together for you guys... in the future I'll clean it up better).

@spitzy11 @AcciObrAin no reason to be shy, but I entirely get it! I was hoping to combat some of the hesitation for others to contribute which is why I added the name form. It hopefully will take some of the edge off so I (or anyone) don't have to just start calling on people at random. No reason to be shy! Hopefully the more we meet the more comfortable everyone starts to get with each other. I want it to be a small and intimate group of people who all see each other as their study buddies.

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

I know this may sound silly, but the experimental section can be taken at any time after a certain section, correct?

1997 karma

@cgracia12 said:
    I know this may sound silly, but the experimental section can be taken at any time after a certain section, correct?

No silly questions! But you can have the experimental anywhere in the test.

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

Thanks man! I am following your blind review PT schedule, however I am inconsistent with the BR meets and will likely get excluded, which I have no problem, but I just wanted to tell you thank you for your help regardless. All the best boss! @Mellow_Z