Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Filing a Complaint!

mrodgers209mrodgers209 Member
in General 114 karma

First off....kudos to everyone who took yesterday's exam!!!! I was right there in the hick of it with you all! My question is not regarding the actual exam, but a complaint about the eating site. I have researched and I see that two options are given usually. They usually let you retake for free (I doubt I would need to do that) or they allow you to release your score with an addendum. Does anyone know if you can know what your score is and decide what you want to do beforehand or will they just make you choose the options without knowing your score?

Thanks,

~M

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

On the last test, there was a testing center where a late tester was denied entrance, and then stormed into the room and started shouting and throwing things. I believe they had to call the police in order to remove them. In that instance, testers had to decide before seeing their scores, so I'd suspect that would remain the policy. It wouldn't hurt to call LSAC and ask though. Plenty has changed since then.

• mrodgers209mrodgers209 Member
    114 karma

Ok. Thanks I'll be sure to call LSAC to verify! @"Cant Get Right"

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    On the last test, there was a testing center where a late tester was denied entrance, and then stormed into the room and started shouting and throwing things. I believe they had to call the police in order to remove them. In that instance, testers had to decide before seeing their scores, so I'd suspect that would remain the policy. It wouldn't hurt to call LSAC and ask though. Plenty has changed since then.

I remember hearing about that earlier this year? That still makes me so worried/anxious some idiot might run up in my test! Yikes!

27823 karma

Yeah, it's the kind of thing that we hear about a lot, but that almost never happens. No one starts a thread about how they showed up at their test center and everything went the way it was supposed to. And they shouldn't. That would be really boring. But it does inflate this type of thing for us. For every horror story, there's thousands of testing centers where nothing happened. Nothing to worry about!

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

Guys! I got to my testing center like 25 minutes before registration, waited around until the 12:30 start time and then they started checking us in. Then like 45 minutes later we were just starting the test, and the first section was Logical Reasoning. So we got to the break between the 3rd and 4th section, and they let everybody out to eat snacks and use the bathroom for what felt like more than 14, but less than 16 minutes, before making us get right back to testing. Maybe it was just my paranoia, but it seemed really quiet during section 4 (Logic Games) almost too quiet. My desk had plenty of space for my booklet AND answer sheet, so i could've easily diagrammed all the games without flipping back and forth.
    And I almost forgot! The writing sample. Oh man, something about toll roads and shopping centers. If that's not some the man trying to slip some low key political propaganda past our tired minds then I don't know what is! Good thing none of my pencils broke so I could walk out feeling like I really kicked that test's a**!
    Thanks for letting me vent guys.
    @"Cant Get Right"

27823 karma

Haha, okay I take it back. That was an excellent report @tylerdschreur10 .

• dan_reynoldsdan_reynolds Free Trial Member
    127 karma

I had a problem at the test center. The facility was great. Long tables, plenty of room, 115 test takers. I was the first in line to register for my part of the alphabet. I walked up gave her my ticket and my bag. She rifled through my stuff. I had a battery operated pencil sharpener. She examined it and it was ok. I was sent to enter the class room. I was walking in and another proctor snatched my bag and the contents fell onto the floor. I was pissed and stressed. She asked about my pencil sharpener. I went to my desk and emptied the contents of my bag. My glasses were missing. I got up to go look by the door to find them and you would have thought I had shot someone, you can't get up...I requested the supervisor and I was allowed to look for a minute. I need my prescription glasses to read. Another proctor offered hers and the left eye was close, the right was blurry. I made an official complaint, but I have no intent on cancelling my test. I want them to organize this shit so that doesn't happen again. I didn't finish 3 sections, close but I guessed on 3 or 4 on each section. I believe if I had my glasses I would have finished in the time given. I will cancel my complaint if I don't hear from them soon. They really need to make sure there is an exercise of respect, if you see something on my desk that is illegal tell me, don't tip stuff out of my hand. Lastly, I found my glasses under a curtain by the door at the end of the test.

127 karma

Oh yeah, you don't get your score until your complaint is addressed.

• mrodgers209mrodgers209 Member
    114 karma

@dan_reynolds what a horrific experience! My experience wasn't as nearly as bad as yours but like you stated, these incidents should not happen. People are already under a tremendous amount of stress going into the exam. There is no need for any unnecessary incidents. I actually wrote my complaint on June 13th and I got my official reply from LSAC yesterday. They told me I have two choices. Two either cancel my score or release my score. They also added that they would be willing to attach a letter stating the conditions in which I took the exam. I chose to have my score released and to have them attach a letter. I don't think I did horrible even under the circumstances but I still would like to have an attached explanation. If my score is relatively high it will look really great! Hope your response comes back from LSAC soon!

~M

127 karma

I just received my response as well. I was given the same options. I chose to keep my score and have them send a letter. I also made a couple of suggestions to make the process better, I am sure they will ignore them, by there is no reason for rudeness during the administration of the test

127 karma

Thanks m, I appreciate it.., basically, by not finishing, I start with a 170 and go down from there... honestly. I didn't apply for any top tier schools because I waited to long, however, most of my schools require about a 160