Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC Academic Summary Report

rene4231rene4231 Alum Member

Does anyone know how long it takes for LSAC to recalculate your GPA?

I had three transcripts sent in which were all completed this morning, however, I still cannot view my Academic Summary Report. Thanks!

Comments

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Core Member
    2983 karma

It took them about 2 weeks to process both of my transcripts. When you say "complete", do you mean that they have received them and processed them?

• rene4231rene4231 Alum Member
    162 karma

@Freddy_D Thank you! And yes, today LSAC updated to say, "3 of 3 transcripts received". I've been refreshing the Academic Summary Report link ever since, good to know that it might take a little bit.

2983 karma

@rene4231 Yeah, it may take a little while. If you're impatient, like I was, you can use this LSAC GPA calculator that I found online. You just input your grades and it'll spit out your GPA. It was pretty accurate for me

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-content/uploads/Law-School-Predictor-LSDAS-GPA-Calculator.htm

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@rene4231 said:
    Does anyone know how long it takes for LSAC to recalculate your GPA?

I had three transcripts sent in which were all completed this morning, however, I still cannot view my Academic Summary Report. Thanks!

IIRC, I think it took mine around 10 days to re-calculate. I think that's more or less pretty standard from what I've seen on the internet.

• AlexanderCMAlexanderCM Member
    174 karma

@Freddy_D said:
    @rene4231 Yeah, it may take a little while. If you're impatient, like I was, you can use this LSAC GPA calculator that I found online. You just input your grades and it'll spit out your GPA. It was pretty accurate for me

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-content/uploads/Law-School-Predictor-LSDAS-GPA-Calculator.htm

I found some of these too be fairly inaccurate though FYI. I was predicting a decrease and was pleasantly surprised by a very small bump in GPA. Also had 3 transcripts. So don't overly stress if a calculator predicts a bad number.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Anyone ever heard of them making a mistake when calculating GPA? I have two transcripts and the LSAC GPA came to be lower than I expected.

2983 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    Anyone ever heard of them making a mistake when calculating GPA? I have two transcripts and the LSAC GPA came to be lower than I expected.

Yeah, although it's rare, I've read a couple posts on TLS in which errors were made when calculating the GPA. In one of the instances I'm referencing, the person called LSAC and the discrepancy was fixed within the day. If you think there was an error, there is no harm in calling or sending an email.

5320 karma

Nice. Thanks @Freddy_D

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

When should we do this? I have transcripts from 2 community colleges and my current university (from which I will graduate next December). I plan to apply to LS next Nov/Dec. should I send transcripts to LSAC now? Thanks for any help you can provide

2983 karma

@cal270 said:
    When should we do this? I have transcripts from 2 community colleges and my current university (from which I will graduate next December). I plan to apply to LS next Nov/Dec. should I send transcripts to LSAC now? Thanks for any help you can provide

Go for it! There is no harm in sending in the transcripts from the 2 community colleges now since they are completed. Once you graduate from your uni, then you can send that one.

5320 karma

@cal270 Yup.. just like @Freddy_D says.

You can even apply before your current transcript is available, but the admissions groups likely won't open the application until it is complete with all transcripts.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Freddy_D said:

@cal270 said:

Go for it! There is no harm in sending in the transcripts from the 2 community colleges now since they are completed. Once you graduate from your uni, then you can send that one.

I did exactly this. I had taken about 4 courses in high school at my local CC and had those sent into the LSAC about 6 months before I even graduated. It's nice to just get it out of the way and have less to worry about.