Is today Grey Day? [YES!!!]

Comments

• AndWhyisBwrongAndWhyisBwrong Alum Member
    92 karma

Congrats to all of you, that are satisfied with your score! Kudos to everyone who was even bold enough to take it, not many people even have the nerve to make it to test day. I have been on this journey for a while and now that I have found 7Sage I am confident, things will work in my favor, shooting for the September LSAT - For all the September Takers ... let's move forward and slay this beast!

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

So June 6 is the "release date", which means average actual release date would be Monday the 3rd, which means I should start obsessively watching the little green icon....now? Really tho, as far as time of day of score release, is it normally like 9-5, can I stop checking at 5pm, or is it possible for scores to released later than that? Mind over body guys

• dan_reynoldsdan_reynolds Free Trial Member
    127 karma

They say it turns grey as late as 8pm eastern.. we are safe until tomorrow

• johninsaskjohninsask Free Trial Member
    15 karma

How are you guys staying busy while waiting for the release of the scores? I'm off today. In fact, we've got a long weekend here in Canada. So there's plenty of time. I've been running, reading... even playing xbox.

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

@tylerdschreur10 hahaha me too
    I WANT MET SCORE !!! AND I WANT IT NOW !!!

127 karma

Ok, do law schools have inside information. I had a problem with my application and the law school called me. They explained what I needed to fix. Then said the scores will be released next Thursday and it's a blackout day for them, she said they are getting the scores next Friday.

• LSAT Is ComingLSAT Is Coming Alum Member
    530 karma

@dan_reynolds said:
    Ok, do law schools have inside information. I had a problem with my application and the law school called me. They explained what I needed to fix. Then said the scores will be released next Thursday and it's a blackout day for them, she said they are getting the scores next Friday.

Thursday is the official release date. No inside knowledge -- they are just going off the official date provided by LSAC.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@bridgetka said:
    My mantra to quell my anxiety is: I did the best I could. I was ready. If my scores don't reflect that for whatever reason, I'll jump back on the horse and be even more confident for September (even if it will somewhat loom over my vacation in August :neutral: ).

The BEST attitude to have :) I bet you'll do great anyway :wink:

• eagles12345eagles12345 Free Trial Member
    52 karma

Everyday I have an odd sense of being let off and "I survived" even though I also really want to know my score. I guess it is denial still on how I may have screwed up big time with RC. Does anyone know what the average difference tends to be between your last few PTs and the actual LSAT?

• eagles12345eagles12345 Free Trial Member
    52 karma

It seems like the more I think the worse it gets. Now I recall that during the test there was one section with 23 questions and the next section was like 26 questions but when I did Q25 on the latter section I bubbled in the 23 question section Q25 and it was during the last few mins I noticed Q25 was blank on the actual section and that's when I see Q25 was bubbled on the wrong section! fingers cross i didn't make the same mistake of wrong section elsewhere or, even worse, somehow screwed up the numbering ordering but somehow ended up with the total amount of questions for each section...

• The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma

Have they ever released on the weekend ?

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    659 karma

@"The 180 Bro_OVO" said:
    Have they ever released on the weekend ?

Yessir

• alexandracull16alexandracull16 Free Trial Member
    10 karma

Any guesses as to whether scores will be released early???

• alexandracull16alexandracull16 Free Trial Member
    10 karma

What time of day do they get released?

• BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
    553 karma

Should be in by Monday night I think. Although the estimated date is on the 6th

127 karma

I'm going to Vegas today, so by 11 pm tonight until Thursday, I'm not gonna care. LSAC Sucks, if they had any kind of courtesy at all, they would release our scores...

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited July 2017 3072 karma

My page just went grey.

Just kidding.
    :D

659 karma

@goingfor99th said:
    My page just went grey.

Just kidding.

Not cool! My heart sank for about 0.2 seconds

• Hurricane11Hurricane11 Alum Member
    87 karma

@goingfor99th said:
    My page just went grey.

Just kidding.

Scrub.

127 karma

@goingfor99th said:
    My page just went grey.

Just kidding.

Yeah, I knew you were a liar, my phone is set to make a nuclear siren the second it goes grey.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

I'm betting on tomorrow . . .

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@uhinberg said:
    I'm betting on tomorrow . . .

Samesies.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

Today is the day, I can feel it! Time to sink myself in a marathon of law related movies perhaps?? A few good men, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Erin Brockovich to start, haha

• 702 karma

Is anyone's page grey??

• andrewpete93andrewpete93 Free Trial Member
    62 karma

not yet - desperately refreshing the page every half hour hahaha

659 karma

It's gotta be today, right? In the last 13 years they haven't released a June test after the 4th of July... The wait is truly agonizing!

2326 karma

Hope you're right . . . but Jon Denning from Powerscore is predicting July 5.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

I would honestly be surprised (pleasantly, but still) if it were today. Business wise releasing the day before a holiday just seems like you're opening yourself up to a lot of potential problems that would ruin the 4th for employees. I'm betting Wednesday.

2326 karma

It's happened before -- 2008.

659 karma

@uhinberg said:
    It's happened before -- 2008.

Looks like that one came out on July 3 ? I'm just hoping we won't be the first to wait this long!

• KateelaineKateelaine Alum Member
    172 karma

I keep on thinking today is the official day, and that the scores would be released at 9am. I don't know where/why I got that in my head, but there you go. It says on the LSAC website they're closed today and tomorrow for the holiday. So I seriously doubt we'll get any scores today. I'm still checking my email and LSAC account every five minutes though...

2326 karma

Yes, according to Powerscore, the June 2008 LSAT was released on Thursday, July 3, four days ahead of the announced day.

• imharrisimharris Alum Member
    edited July 2017 466 karma

will scores hit the east coast first? just about noon over there and no one is grey yet...

• DatguyM15DatguyM15 Alum Member
    211 karma

I can confirm from my sources at the pentagon the scores wont be out until tomorrow. Intel is based on their covfefe machine.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@DatguyM15 said:
    I can confirm from my sources at the pentagon the scores wont be out until tomorrow. Intel is based on their covfefe machine.

Oh Gawd! This is hilarious! Thanks for making me laugh :joy:

• 702 karma

Haha!!!!

• imharrisimharris Alum Member
    466 karma

okay... no geographic order to scores being released according to powerscore.

in 2004 scores were scheduled for july 6th and released on july 4th. maybe we will get an independence day present?

or maybe the russians can find the scores and release them this afternoon? people are saying it's a possibility...

127 karma

The scores have been released on the 4th before, it could happen again. For those of you who think that it takes a ton of work to post the scores, the work has been done. It is 2017, not 1917, the scores have been programmed to be released at a certain time. It could be anytime in the next 4 days... speculation gets you nothing and means nothing... this thing has already been predetermined and they are really good at hiding it, maybe it's randomly released by a computer, that is as likely as anything else. And done one said releasing it today would be a logistical nightmare, why, it's not like they got the questions wrong, you did, you don't get credit for screwing up your bubbles, even if you can prove you messed up.., the only problem might be if they posted the wrong lsat in the wrong place and that means you messed up filling it out. Do, this is easy stuff now.

127 karma

So instead of do, and someone instead of done one...

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

My gut says Wednesday, but I would love for it to be earlier. Keep refreshing!

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

Hahahaha, ok. So as a computer programmer I assure you that the whole process isn't a "solved" issue. Probably low risk, sure, but there are still a lot of things that could go wrong for seemingly no reason even if it's something you've done time and again. So my trepidation has less to do with the amount of work it is when everything goes smoothly and more to do with planning for when things don't. Given their track record, as pointed out above, they apparently don't think that way though.

But I'm with you. No need to fret. Getting your score sooner won't change the score. Knowing two days sooner won't drastically change what you have to do. Check a couple times a day, otherwise do your best to distract yourself.

edited July 2017 87 karma

Per Dave Killoran on twitter, some staff are in the LSAC office today.

• DatguyM15DatguyM15 Alum Member
    211 karma

@Hurricane11 said:
    Per Dave Killoran on twitter, some staff are in the LSAC office today.

This is fake news. Contradicts the covfefe machine.

2326 karma

What significance does Dave Killoran think that has?

87 karma

@uhinberg said:

Unclear - it could mean nothing. Then again, what is the point of having staff in on a holiday?

87 karma

The last six tests have been released between 4:30pm - 5pm (EST). #leggo

2326 karma

@Hurricane11 said:

@uhinberg said:

Unclear - it could mean nothing. Then again, what is the point of having staff in on a holiday?

Maybe to mess with our minds, like 85% of everything else LSAC does. :smiley:

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2017 4141 karma

@imharris said:
    or maybe the russians can find the scores and release them this afternoon? people are saying it's a possibility...

@DatguyM15 said:

^Hahah y'all kill me.

Yeah it makes it worse to keep checking every hour, few hours, day etc. The scores will get here when they do. We can't change our scores now. Do something fun!

• hon132hon132 Free Trial Member
    122 karma

@Hurricane11 said:

Probably just folks trying to clear a backlog of work before it piles up during the break.

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

As an FYI releases typically don't happen till later in the day so if its happening today it will start now till as late as starting at 6pm

This is from Dave (PowerScore Twitter):
    So, now we wait and see. Here's the #greyday history:

O15: 6:39PM Eastern
    D15: 4:32
    F16: 4:33
    J16: 4:35
    S16: 4:27
    D16: 4:29
    F17: 4:56