Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uh oh

nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
in General 1723 karma

I just took my first timed PT after foolproofing and the CC so i got a 160 timed and a 171 on the BR. This is way below what i was expecting. Could it be that i scored much lower bc it was my first timed PT. Should i expect a jump in scores just based on adjusting to taking timed tests?

Comments

• shicks220shicks220 Alum Member
    16 karma

It definitely takes some adjustment. Your blind review score seems to indicate that you knew what was going on with a number of the questions you got wrong and could figure it out when you had additional time. That's a reason for optimism. Did you get to every question on the test or were you pressed for time and forced to blindly guess on some? Did you have trouble pacing on a particular section or sections?

• ebenknightebenknight Member
    11 karma

When are you planning on taking the test? The more you practice, the closer your timed score will get to your BR. Taking a timed test opens up a lot of room for errors that you wouldn't make if you didn't have that additional pressure. If you're satisfied with your BR score, you can probably reach that score if you just continue to practice more.

If you want to score higher than your BR, you may want to look at what conceptual areas you are having trouble with and review those parts of the CC. Make sure you understand why you got the questions wrong. If you're still not sure, someone else might be able to provide clarification.

The LSAT asks you to conduct a few very specific types of reasoning. I'm sure you'll continue to improve as you practice more. Good luck!

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

How did it feel during the test? Did you feel pressured and rushed?

I think you will probably see a 2-3 point increase as you get used to taking a timed test over the next few tests. You will not see a massive jump from this alone, but given the pace of taking 1PT a week you should expect additional gains as you become more knowledgable.

I think a bigger issue is, given the score, so what? Why does it matter you aren't where you wanted to be? The point of PTing is to expose weaknesses. It seems you have done that, and now you know what you need to focus on in the short term.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

I didnt get to a whole game and a whole passage. I also made 2 dumb errors that i noticed the second i started BR. There were only 3 that rlly got me even after BR

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    I just took my first timed PT after foolproofing and the CC so i got a 160 timed and a 171 on the BR. This is way below what i was expecting. Could it be that i scored much lower bc it was my first timed PT. Should i expect a jump in scores just based on adjusting to taking timed tests?

I think this sound normal and you should be pretty happy depending on where you began. I endorse all the great advice above. With more PT and BR you will see improvement. Just takes practice. A BR in the 170s means you have some mastered a lot of the fundamental skills. Congrats! :)

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Also, if you didn't get to a whole game and whole passage, that's a speed issue that should be resolved with more practice.