Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is today Grey Day? [YES!!!]

Comments

• jowens7317jowens7317 Alum Member
    244 karma

No scores in Alabama

• fabuobeadfabuobead Free Trial Member
    25 karma

This is brutal.

• mcneeleytmcneeleyt Member
    64 karma

still waiting..........................................

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

Yo guys, I'm really happy for you, I'll let you celebrate, but Beyonce took one of the best LSATs of all time! One of the best LSATs of all time!

25 karma

Are they going to release all of them tonight?
    Do you think this will carry on to tomorrow? I hope not!

• kazrahkazrah Alum Member
    158 karma

Still waiting, and that confirmed -9 curve isn't making the wait any better :X

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

I WANT MY SCORE

• JenniferBJenniferB Member
    28 karma

Also underperformed my PTs. (Basically all except the diagnostic.) RC was totally my downfall. Proud of my performance otherwise, but my overall score means I need to keep at it for another try. As the song goes: 'See you...in September...'

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@Zachary_P said:
    Does anyone know the latest they would send out scores? This is brutal.

At this point you are at the mercy of a server running a script. Mass email and database updates are an unfortunately slow process. But there isn't a human behind the process at this point, so there is no latest time. Just, when the script gets to you it gets to you.

So, @Mitchell-1 , maybe you can shed light on this: Would it have been possible for them to send out all the e-mails at once?

• nicole.brooklynnicole.brooklyn Alum Member
    341 karma

Maybe their server crashed? I wonder if they have staff working overnight tonight.

• shanedridershanedrider Alum Member
    156 karma

@uhinberg said:

@"Mitchell-1" said:

@Zachary_P said:
    Does anyone know the latest they would send out scores? This is brutal.

At this point you are at the mercy of a server running a script. Mass email and database updates are an unfortunately slow process. But there isn't a human behind the process at this point, so there is no latest time. Just, when the script gets to you it gets to you.

So, @Mitchell-1 , maybe you can shed light on this: Would it have been possible for them to send out all the e-mails at once?

Totally possible, but sending out thousands of emails at once can be a very demanding process. Since everyone would inundate the site at once when the email hit, it's best to stagger out the release instead so the actual LSAC website doesn't go down.

• KateelaineKateelaine Alum Member
    172 karma

They could just load the scores to their webpage like the MCAT does, or the GRE. But whatever. They can torture us more this way.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

@uhinberg said:

Emails? No. They need to be sent one at a time and you are at the mercy of your servers upload speed. Now, there is likely a way they could update the database behind the scenes and flip a switch that allows everyone to access their scores on the site all at once.

Now, given the amount of people who take the test, the emails should not take THIS long. My assumption is they designed this in such a way to avoid everyone downloading the PDFs all at once. Spreading out access guarantees some stability for everyone. If that's the case though, they could easily get around that by releasing the scores and slowly doling out access to the PDFs.

As was mentioned earlier by someone, this is a tried and true system. It's probably been around for a while and no one would be willing to risk a catastrophe by trying to improve it.

2326 karma

@"nicole.burdakin" said:
    Maybe their server crashed? I wonder if they have staff working overnight tonight.

That would be horrible. I wonder when we'd find out about that.

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@jowens7317 said:
    No scores in Alabama

For what it's worth, geographic region/state/country doesn't matter much. It's entirely random from what I've gathered. Stay strong! :sweat_smile:

• nicole.brooklynnicole.brooklyn Alum Member
    341 karma

@Mellow_Z said:
    Stay strong! :sweat_smile:

But I feel weak :tired_face:

• ralph.mercerralph.mercer Free Trial Member
    5 karma

is there a chance some of us wont get our scores today?

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@"nicole.burdakin" said:

@Mellow_Z said:
    Stay strong! :sweat_smile:

But I feel weak :tired_face:

aww no don't say that. Just know that regardless of what the score is both of you know your stuff. It's not a guarantee you will always score your average but it makes it more likely that either this time or the next you will get it.

2326 karma

@"ralph.mercer" said:
    is there a chance some of us wont get our scores today?

Anything's possible. I just wish I heard of someone who has gotten his score in the last little while.

• jm_reavesjm_reaves Alum Member
    48 karma

I'm waiting on mine. I did notice the projected date was updated to today.

• najah94najah94 Free Trial Member
    16 karma

I keep refreshing :( I really hope we all get it by tonight. My anxiety is too high to last another day waiting!

25 karma

Still waiting..

• phelanj75phelanj75 Alum Member
    279 karma

Nothing .....

• dan_reynoldsdan_reynolds Free Trial Member
    127 karma

I scored a 173, want to hear a miracle story, I completed 23 of 27 reading comp, I got all 23 right and guessed at the remaining 4 and got 3 correct. I didn't finish the last LR section, I had three remaining and guessed. I got 2 of 3 correct I swear to god, I thought I would miss all of those...
    Thanks guys, It was fun waiting with you all, if any of you are in Texas I may see you.

Dan

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

I'll hit 5hours grey in 15 minutes... ???

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    659 karma

@stepharizona said:
    I'll hit 5hours grey in 15 minutes... ???

Same! At least there are others in the same boat... Hang in there!

127 karma

I got my score 15 minutes after going grey, my friend who is in Vegas with me got his almost immediately upon going grey.

1287 karma

Nada

172 karma

Zilch

127 karma

I know they said there is no rhyme or reason, he is from Indiana and I am from Texas.

659 karma

@theLSATdreamer said:
    Nada

@Katharine said:
    Zilch

Nothing

1287 karma

Lets storm the lsac center

1465 karma

@dan_reynolds I hate you, but I'm happy for you. #conflictedemotions

127 karma

I use to be an explosives expert

659 karma

Shots fired. Pun intended.

172 karma

So, if I still don't have a score tomorrow, does anybody know of a number to call at LSAC? I'm dying here

127 karma

I am sure you will have a score in the next couple of hours, unless they are having a malfunction

659 karma

Finally... Best of luck to the rest still waiting!

• ELpell23ELpell23 Member
    101 karma

Trying to decide what is the cut off where I give up and go to bed...if that's even possible. Also, is this normal? I thought I'd get at 8 by the latest.

25 karma

Nothing yet. I am so anxious. Praying for a miracle.

25 karma

Are they still sending scores???? Or will we carry on tomorrow?

• jm_reavesjm_reaves Alum Member
    48 karma

Just got mine like 5 mins ago.

• Raphael RiveraRaphael Rivera Alum Member
    176 karma

I jumped up 7 points from my highest ever PT and got my dream score, amazing

127 karma

@"c.veneski" said:
    I jumped up 7 points from my highest ever PT and got my dream score, amazing

congrats, I got my dream score too. I was incredibly lucky, it could have been a 167 if I hadn't guessed correctly.

• phelanj75phelanj75 Alum Member
    279 karma

Nada

1287 karma

Nada 2

• smseraj3smseraj3 Alum Member
    162 karma

Just posted. Good luck guys!

1465 karma

If it helps, I have still not received an email. Check your lsac account, those are definitely the first available point of access

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

Hang in there! Scores are still rolling out - I was one of the last for Sept email & have to admit it was brutal on the nerves but it will happen :)

172 karma

Just got it. Time to retake. Ugh