Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions on lg

mzoodlemzoodle Member
in Logic Games 226 karma
  1. When we diagram, every time we finish dealing with a letter,we cross it out?
  2. Every time a question says “this is next to this”, the word "next" means the spot immediately before or after?
  3. Anything not mentioned in the rules are “floaters”?
  4. When do we have to split the game board (sub game board)? (like JY did in the simple sequence game 2 intro video).
  5. As long as you diagram correctly and understand it, you will get questions right?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@mzoodle said:
    1. When we diagram, every time we finish dealing with a letter,we cross it out?
    2. Every time a question says “this is next to this”, the word "next" means the spot immediately before or after?
    3. Anything not mentioned in the rules are “floaters”?
    4. When do we have to split the game board (sub game board)? (like JY did in the simple sequence game 2 intro video).
    5. As long as you diagram correctly and understand it, you will get questions right?

1. Where are you crossing it out? After initially diagraming them? Then, yeah, I cross them out. If they are a floater I circle them.

2. Yes, to the left or right.

3. Anything not mentioned in the rules are NOT floaters. Often there can be inferences made that make a rule/variable not specifically mentioned restricted due to it's interactions with other rules.

4. It completely depends on the game. There is absolutely no hard and fast rule when to spit. Usually if the amount of question is less than or equal to the number of different split boards, I might be more likely split rather than let the game be rule driven. Though, this is a skill you pick up and eventually can sort of anticipate when and when it is not worth it.

5.No, as long as you diagram correctly and understand it you may not get the questions right. Mistakes get made. What you think you understand could be from a false inference, and moreover, sometimes we just circle the trap question. For example, accurate, but not complete questions as a great example of this.