Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do now?

jack.igoejack.igoe Member
in General 544 karma

Hey everyone,

I have a question about what you recommend I do next in my study schedule.

As some background, I completed the CC about 2 months ago and have just finished fool proofing 1-35 using the @Pacifico method. Throughout the process, I have been drilling LR sections from old PT's every few days or so. I also took the time to do a cursory read through the LSAT Trainer. I didn't do all of the exercises in the book by any means but I found it helpful in solidifying some concepts and with RC reasoning structure.

I seem to have improved in my LG abilities (I missed 9 LG questions on my diagnostic and seem to be right around -1/-2 now). As for LR, I seem to be missing about 4 questions per section with the greater majority of them being RRE and NA questions. My specific question is, should I move on to PT'ing at this point or should I spend some time drilling LR some more before that?

Thank you!

Comments

• theLSATgrind2017theLSATgrind2017 Alum Member
    440 karma

I think you can do both, take PTs and drill. You won't be taking PTs everyday. Maybe 1-2 full PTs, spend every other day BRing and drilling.

• amedley88amedley88 Alum Member
    378 karma

Absolutely move on to PTing and use the analytics tool to help you spot your weaknesses

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Depends on when you are taking the test and your ideal cycle to apply to school. If you aren't in a rush, then keep drilling and maybe only do a PT every 3-4 weeks.

If you keep pushing LG, you should be able to go -0 almost every time. LR drilling by question type is, in my opinion, the most effective way to improve underlying knowledge weakness.

If you are hoping to take the test December, then start PTing but at a slower rate. Maybe one every ~10 days and then ramping up from there (2 per week is maximum).

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jackigoe said:
    Hey everyone,

As some background, I completed the CC about 2 months ago and have just finished fool proofing 1-35 using the @Pacifico method. Throughout the process, I have been drilling LR sections from old PT's every few days or so. I also took the time to do a cursory read through the LSAT Trainer. I didn't do all of the exercises in the book by any means but I found it helpful in solidifying some concepts and with RC reasoning structure.

I seem to have improved in my LG abilities (I missed 9 LG questions on my diagnostic and seem to be right around -1/-2 now). As for LR, I seem to be missing about 4 questions per section with the greater majority of them being RRE and NA questions. My specific question is, should I move on to PT'ing at this point or should I spend some time drilling LR some more before that?

Thank you!

First, I think you would get a lot from watching this webinar if you haven't already. https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

To answer your question specifically, you should address why you are missing a disproportionate amount of NA/RRE questions. I would do this first. PT'ing more will likely just uncover this weakness without really doing much to address it.

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

Thank you so much everyone! As always, I appreciate the input.

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    edited July 2017 544 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jackigoe said:
    Hey everyone,

Thank you!

First, I think you would get a lot from watching this webinar if you haven't already. https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

To answer your question specifically, you should address why you are missing a disproportionate amount of NA/RRE questions. I would do this first. PT'ing more will likely just uncover this weakness without really doing much to address it.

Yeah I loved that webinar! I think that I may spend a few days drilling a small number of NA and RRE questions and hopefully glean some knowledge from that process.

When going about drilling, do you use the question bank to pull problems from? I know they aren't printable so just wondering what your process is there.