Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was the core curriculum rearranged?

elliotdordickelliotdordick Alum Member
in General 11 karma

Lessons now appear in a different order, my study schedule now shows that I haven't completed random lessons now assigned to last week but have completed ones assigned to future weeks...how should I address this moving forward? First go after the lessons from last week before moving forward?

Comments

• studysandsstudysands Alum Member
    37 karma

Mine has also been rearranged. I was working on Games Section just yesterday now it's telling me to do Flawed Method of Reasoning. Same spot as you @elliotdordick. How should we proceed with the rearrangement? What was the purpose of the rearrangement?

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    edited July 2017 609 karma

jy said in another post he was going to do this a few days ago.

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/11956/reorganizing-rc-in-the-core-curriculum

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@MichaelTheArchAngel said:
    jy said in another post he was going to do this a few days ago.

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/11956/reorganizing-rc-in-the-core-curriculum

Yup, that's what happened. Thanks Michael!

• elliotdordickelliotdordick Alum Member
    11 karma

Thanks all! What are you planning to do to handle the change? (@studysands & @MichaelTheArchAngel) I'm going back to the last, now-incomplete, week of my study schedule and complete the curriculum from there (recognizing that at some point soon I will encounter already completed lessons). JY has obviously put the course together quite intentionally and I'm just taking it on faith that the new order has reason behind it -- don't quite feel like I'm in a place to arbitrarily go against that.

• studysandsstudysands Alum Member
    37 karma

Thanks for replies! @elliotdordick I am planning on doing the same. I am going to finish my part on Games with a Twist and go to Flaw Method of Reasoning, and just put trust on JY that there is a point to the new change up. Based on the post Dillon posted, I am assuming the new RC lessons JY added switched the rearrangement and, thus, rearranged all the other sections as well?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited July 2017 23929 karma

@elliotdordick said:
    JY has obviously put the course together quite intentionally and I'm just taking it on faith that the new order has reason behind it -- don't quite feel like I'm in a place to arbitrarily go against that.

I think that's the exact right mindset. There's nothing arbitrary about the way the course is laid out. Any new changes are going to be welcome assets to our collective study arsenal ! :)

• JJLstlouisJJLstlouis Alum Member
    28 karma

Intro to Reading Comp was actually next up for me. I was going to click it, then realized things had been changed. Is it ill advised to do reading comp, even though it was moved? I'm concerned that if I don't leave some tough LR stuff for closer to test day in December, i'll get rusty. Thoughts?

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@JJLwustl said:
    Intro to Reading Comp was actually next up for me. I was going to click it, then realized things had been changed. Is it ill advised to do reading comp, even though it was moved? I'm concerned that if I don't leave some tough LR stuff for closer to test day in December, i'll get rusty. Thoughts?

You have Ultimate+, which has all of the LR drills! You'll be okay.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@JJLwustl said:

Yes, as Dillon said above me, you have tons of drills of LR remaining. There are so many tests that they'll always be tough stuff for you to work on. Arguably more so with LR since there are 2 sections for every test.

• JJLstlouisJJLstlouis Alum Member
    28 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright"
    @"Alex Divine"

Got it! Thanks for the input guys.