Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you drill?

jack.igoejack.igoe Member
in General 544 karma

Hey everyone!

I just had a quick question about drilling. I have noticed that I am not very good at NA questions. I was wondering how some of you have gone about shoring up these question specific weaknesses once you've realized them. I did most of the problem sets during the CC so any advice on to general practices or where to pull questions from would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

For NA questions I went back to the CC and printed out each problem set.

I then got a spiral notebook and for every single problem I would write down,

1.) conclusion
    2.) support
    3.) what I thought was missing

Then for each answer choice I would;

1.) write why it was right/wrong
    2.) negate it

Then I would explain why the negation did or did not work.

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

1.) conclusion
    2.) support

2.) negate it

Thanks so much! I am trying to decide between doing the NA problem sets over again or just printing out the NA questions from Preptests 1-35 and doing those.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@jackigoe said:

@LSATcantwin said:

1.) conclusion
    2.) support

2.) negate it

Thanks so much! I am trying to decide between doing the NA problem sets over again or just printing out the NA questions from Preptests 1-35 and doing those.

It shouldn't matter too much. All that matters is practice. NA went from one of my worst, to one I look forward to because of the effort I put into them....now if only flaw would be so kind...

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Hey @jackigoe so i was in the same boat as you with NA until last week. I printed out every NA q from 1-20 and broke them into groups of 5s. I split them up throughout my study day. Starting with them untimed and forcing myself to see if the AC i would need would block or bridge. And then prephrase if it was a bridge. After 2 or 3 days i moved to doing timed sets , but making sure i was doing the same process as when it was untimed. This helped immensely. Also when BRing negate EVERY answer choice even if you didnt the first time around. Good luck!

544 karma

Thanks @LSATcantwin and @nathanieljschwartz! I just started watching the lessons again and I like the idea of just drilling in groups of 5 throughout the day.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jackigoe said:
    Hey everyone!

I just had a quick question about drilling. I have noticed that I am not very good at NA questions. I was wondering how some of you have gone about shoring up these question specific weaknesses once you've realized them. I did most of the problem sets during the CC so any advice on to general practices or where to pull questions from would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I just used 7sage to print out the LR problem sets/bundles/question bank and drilled the questions from PTs 1-35. I found that redoing ones I had already seen was actually extremely helpful.

I would do them in sets of 5 or 10. Some I would do untimed and others timed.

544 karma

Thanks @"Alex Divine"!