Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Book Reccomendation

mel_emm8mel_emm8 Free Trial Member

With 5 weeks until the day of the test, I have been consistently scoring in the mid-60s, anywhere between 162 and 165, with my best test at 167.

I find myself getting the same LR question types wrong (NA, SA, weaken, flaw, and sometimes resolve or strengthen). I have tried drilling the various question types and I still seem to be getting about -4/-5 per LR section.

The only book I have used for studying LR has been the PowerScore LR Bible, so I'm wondering if I should buy a different book to try and master these question types? I don't particularly want to spend more money but if it'll really help I'd be willing to do so.

I've read in discussion forums about the LSAT Trainer or Manhattan books. If someone could let me know what they think/their experiences it'd be much appreciated!

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Why not 7Sage! I took the CC and saw a pretty good jump in my LR score. I would consider maybe going that route.

If you are set on a book - most people here and on Reddit seem to say the LSAT Trainer and Manhattan are the way to go. I got the Trainer and really liked how they approached the questions. But honestly the most help for me has, and continues to be, 7Sage.

• Achen165Achen165 Member
    edited August 2017 656 karma

x

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I'm a fan of Manhattan's LR book and The LSAT Trainer. If you're solely looking to improve on LR, I'd probably pick up a copy of the MLSAT over the LSAT Trainer at this point in your prep.

• kvbusbeekvbusbee Member
    99 karma

I don't have a book recommendation, but a friend gave me some great advice on LR that has really helped me. At first it sounded dumb and I didn't believe them, but it's helped me get my LR section down from -7 or -8 to -1 or -2: Flashcards. And using flashcards in two ways:

1) Making flashcards for all the question types and what I'm looking for on each. I didn't make these super in-depth, but just knowing right away what tools I can use on a question type (I'm looking for a weak AC on MBT's, or strong AC's on strengthen), has helped me build speed and accuracy through a section.

2) When I go through the blind review, on questions I get wrong I force myself to form a "takeaway" and write it on a note card. When I was reviewing before, I would understand why I got a question wrong, but it never seemed to stick or help me on future questions. By writing it down, I'm forced to fully comprehend it.

Then I review these flashcards every day. Hope this helps!