Help? Test Date + Studying Advice?

LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
edited August 2017 in General 218 karma

Hi everyone! I'm registered for the Sept. 2017 exam but have weird background and need advice on whether you recommend I study this month & take it or wait until Dec., and also would like to know how detrimental it would be to apply when Dec. scores come out?

Background:
I'm a paralegal at a big law firm and my hours are really insane. I took the Testmasters course Nov - Jan but missed some classes/didn't take advantage of it so waited & took the exam for the first time June 2017. I got really busy at work right before it and would say I only seriously studied for 2 months (with TM books). I thought it was ok but I didn't feel great so I cancelled my score (had been PT'ing at 158-162). Planned to take it this Sept. but been busy with work all summer and now I'm not sure... is 4 weeks of intense studying enough or should I wait till Dec.? Is the 7SAGE membership for just these weeks worth it? Or should I just do practice tests? I also have the LSAT trainer book.

Thank you so much!

Comments

• jennybbbbbjennybbbbb Alum Member
    edited August 2017 630 karma

I think everyone would agree that you should wait it out until your scoring around your goal score on PTs!

Goodluck!

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Yeah its hard to say without knowing were you are holding in prep and how far that is from your goal. @jennybbbbb is right about not taking till your PTing around your goal, if not higher

• sandy180sandy180 Alum Member
    159 karma

Wait until December. Bump your PT's to 170+. 2 hours a day, 5 days a week and you can achieve that. 7 sage or not, put the time in and you'll be rewarded. As far as the detriment of sitting in December, it's not as ideal as September but there is no substitute for a higher LSAT score. Definitely do not wait until February, though:)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jennybbbbb said:
    I think everyone would agree that you should wait it out until your scoring around your goal score on PTs!

Goodluck!

@lc829-1

I think this is exactly the mindset you should have. 4 weeks of intense studying likely isn't enough for you to hit your target score at this point, at least not from what you've described. I would highly recommend that you not worry about dates and focus on a score. I understand how hard it can be to plan a test date and prep around a demanding job such as yours. This is why I don't think it makes much sense to try to work towards a specific date.

As far as prep options, I think the Trainer is pretty good. I really like 7Sage because I think it's way more comprehensive and having a course with materials and on video is super convenient when you work full time. I often am able to get prep done during my commute and during random times. It's nice to just be able to pull out my laptop or phone and have all the materials I need to prep!

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

Two things:1.Postpone the test until you are fully prepared. 2. Register for Ultimate+ and finish CC , then do PTs combing drills.

• bklsat05bklsat05 Member
    177 karma

I did TM online for 1 month last year and was PT 160 and crammed and crammed and then I bombed and bombed.

Wait it out at this point!

• LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
    218 karma

@bklsat05 @dennisluangraj @"Alex Divine" @sayhey180 @nathanieljschwartz Late reply, but thank you all! I'm going to register for 7sage & prep for December!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"lc829-1" said:
    @bklsat05 @dennisluangraj @"Alex Divine" @sayhey180 @nathanieljschwartz Late reply, but thank you all! I'm going to register for 7sage & prep for December!

I'm so happy to hear that you are going to push until December!

Welcome to 7Sage :)

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

Welcome to 7Sage! Late to this thread, but good call!

• lalahhhhhlalahhhhh Alum Member
    40 karma

I'm in the same exact boat with my job at a firm and studying.

Let me know if you ever need a study buddy!