Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT 81 BR Sessions with J.Y.

2»

Comments

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14001 karma

What a fun session on RC today! Thanks guys.

And Grant, reveal your 7Sage handle!

14001 karma

Thanks for another great session today everyone! A take away from today: a gold standard in BR is to take the wrong answer choice that you had trouble with and change it to say what it should have said to be the right answer choice.

• Blake160Blake160 Alum Member
    edited August 2017 97 karma

For those of you on the call today, here's another good example of an age effect vs cohort effect flaw question:

https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-31-section-2-question-09/

• FirstOneFirstOne Core Member
    172 karma

Question: Are the BR's conducted by JY recorded, so that for those of us that didn't attend can listen to how it should be done? I only ask as I'm not at the BR(ing) stage just yet in my studies, but once I make it there, I want to be sure to employ the 'Gold Standard'? Thanks.

• mcb4LSUROXSmcb4LSUROXS Alum Member
    146 karma

@Blake160 said:
    For those of you on the call today, here's another good example of an age effect vs cohort effect flaw question:

https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-31-section-2-question-09/

Nice find Blake.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Problem is the curve is -9, so you can't afford to bomb the RC, even if it is harder than most.

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

Just took 81. @twssmith Why did I not skip that passage?? Your'e talking about the second one right. Man, putting it as the first section. I didn't think the other three passages were that terrible but I think I messed up by not skipping it.

Question for all - are we supposed to do BR per usual before joining in? Like not checking the correct answers and writing out all our explanations etc?

2326 karma

BTW, I challenged LSAC on the treadmill question. If anyone is interested in seeing my question and their response, PM me.

2326 karma

I also challenged them about one of questions in the dowsing passage.

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

@RafaelBernard said:

Question for all - are we supposed to do BR per usual before joining in? Like not checking the correct answers and writing out all our explanations etc?

Yes, BRing on your own before joining in is helpful. Just do what you normally do before a BR call.

1063 karma

@dml277 said:

@RafaelBernard said:

Yes, BRing on your own before joining in is helpful. Just do what you normally do before a BR call.

Coolio. Thanks!

• tuc28290tuc28290 Alum Member
    103 karma

Wondering if these are recorded? Thanks!

14001 karma

@tuc28290 No, they're not recorded.

• sakox010sakox010 Member
    333 karma

Hey, so I am printing PT 81 from the LSAC website since I took it this past June. Because of this, I'm unsure of which LR section is which. There was one that was 25 questions and one with 26 questions. Which one is section 2 and which one is section 3 according to session schedule that J.Y. posted?

2326 karma

Section 2 has 25 questions.

• sakox010sakox010 Member
    333 karma

@uhinberg said:

Thanks!

1063 karma

@sakox010 said:

@uhinberg said:

Thanks!

Section 2 actually had 26 questions. First question about the marsupial.

2326 karma

I stand corrected. I looked at it quickly and didn't see the 26th question there.

• needmylsat180needmylsat180 Alum Member
    175 karma

Scored 10 points lower than usual on LR. This test is...ugh

• KillmongerKillmonger Alum Member
    332 karma

@needmylsat180 said:
    Scored 10 points lower than usual on LR. This test is...ugh

This test was stupid hard. LR and LG wasn't that bad but i did worse on RC than I've done since the damn diagnostic. I would have cancelled my score as soon as i left that facility had i taken this in june . the -9 didn't help either

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

did terrible on this PT. got in the low 160's after PTing in the high 160's/low 170's.

ugh

• Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
    877 karma

@TheMikey I also scored lower than usual :neutral: What a blow to my confidence...

4196 karma

@bswise2 said:
    @TheMikey I also scored lower than usual :neutral: What a blow to my confidence...

Tell me about it :(

• amw26amw26 Member
    56 karma

Is it possible to just sit in on the BR session and not participate? I've never been to a session before and would like to get the gist of the session first

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

JY is back:)

• kenyamleekenyamlee Free Trial Member
    6 karma

What time is Sunday's BR for RC?

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

@kenyamlee Same time. 7 pm EST

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

@dennisgerrard said:
    @kenyamlee Same time. 7 pm EST

It's actually 7:30 EDT. I believe every session begins at 7:30 ET. JY updates the info for the next session in his original post after every session so you can see too.

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

just double checking that pt 81 exp will still be out 1wk before the sep test?

4196 karma

joining tonight, excited!