Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just hit my first 180!

zaroberts1991zaroberts1991 Member
in General 101 karma

Long time observer, first time poster here. Just hit my first perfect score ever on PT 54. Went -1 RC, -1 LR, -0 LG.
I scored a 165 on the June test and was really disappointed. Upped the work effort over the summer and over my last 20 PT's I'm averaging a 174. With a week left until the test I'm praying I can match that average on the real thing as I was averaging a 168-169 headed into June! Just wanted to share my accomplishment and hopefully let others know this test is very learnable as long as you're willing to put in the work!

Comments

• Summer17Summer17 Alum Member
    125 karma

Awesome job! How many sections of logic games did you have to fool proof to hit -0?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

What a great way to gain confidence before Saturday!

Congrats that's freakin' awesome :)

• zaroberts1991zaroberts1991 Member
    101 karma

@Summer17 said:
    Awesome job! How many sections of logic games did you have to fool proof to hit -0?

It's weird LG has been my best section for quite some time. I think after doing LG from 19-38 over 6 months ago I would consistently hit -0 as long as I wasn't rusty. It was RC that honestly took an insane amount of time to get from -7 to -10 when I started to the -0 to -4 that I consistently find myself in now

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

Congratulations! Good luck on Saturday!

• The NoodleyThe Noodley Alum Member
    662 karma

Congrats! Good job! Good luck on Saturday!

• J.CHRIS.ALSTJ.CHRIS.ALST Alum Member
    399 karma

Astonishing achievement. Nice work!

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Nice!!!

• FirstOneFirstOne Core Member
    172 karma

Congrats! Smart Hard work pays off! Good luck on the upcoming administration!

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

Seriously! HUGE accomplishment!

• Congratulations!!! An awesome accomplishment. Good luck on Saturday!

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Wanna share what kind of practice you did since the June LSAT to improve that much?

101 karma

@uhinberg said:
    Wanna share what kind of practice you did since the June LSAT to improve that much?

Of course, logic games were never my issue as I went perfect in June on those. I realized that I needed to shore up on my RC and LR though. I used Manhattan Guide for RC and then their guide for LR. After going through both of those I used Nathan Fox's LR Encyclopedia and ripped through that in a couple weeks.

I spent a month doing all of those and after that I started taking PT's and saw my scores jump into the low 170's-mid 170's. After going through tons of PT's over the past month I've started to slowly see my scores creep up to mid 170-s- High 170's to the point where a 171 or 170 is an outlier for me now.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

I know how subjective RC is, but would you mind describing your strategy, your approuch?

1723 karma

Approach

101 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    Approach

I honestly didn't improve until I made myself understand what I just read and how it fit into the overall passage. You have to constantly stay engaged with the content. Law School revolves around your ability to read dense material and understand the issue at point and research information very quickly. The RC is testing that exact ability. Constantly make mental notes of where certain things are and how it relates to the overall viewpoint of what the author is trying to state. I only underline spcific names, the start of lists, and when I see a shift in the authors view point.

1723 karma

Im currently plateaud at -4 cant seem to break out of it