Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

-0/-3 1 HR :(

bklsat05bklsat05 Member
edited September 2017 in Logic Games 177 karma

LG is by far my worst section, I can probably get through 2 games.

I'm on a mission to do a TON of games before Sept but I am discouraged. I just don't think theres enough time to fool proof that many games.

I should have spent more of my time on LG..... :( Just venting ya'll this some serious baloney

Comments

• BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
    edited September 2017 553 karma

It took me two or 1.5 weeks to brute force all the games I needed to do. You can do it. If you're set on September, then take this coming week and use it to go through as many as you can.

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

@Kewlaidd said:
    It took me two or 1.5 weeks to brute force all the games I needed to do. You can do it. If you're set on September, then take this coming week and use it to go through as many as you can.

Did that include memorizing all the inferences and getting all games within time -0? I'm doing LG fool proof and it seems to be taking me forever.

• bklsat05bklsat05 Member
    177 karma

It helps me to watch the video, then go do another game, watch the video AGAIN and then do the game. If you still miss the inferences, you should watch the video and then either move on or take a break and come back to it again later / tomorrow.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27853 karma

Do what you can, and don't pressure yourself to do more than you can do well. You'll do better to learn 10 games well than 100 poorly.

177 karma

I ended up only getting thru PT 1-8 LGs. I redid PT 1 LG the other day did -0 in 45 mins. Finished 3 games in 35 so I am getting better I feel but there just isn't enough time. I burned out an had to take 2 days off after not being able to finish a full timed PT with 2 LG sections.

You just need more time, that's what this test really requires.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@bklsat05 said:
    I ended up only getting thru PT 1-8 LGs. I redid PT 1 LG the other day did -0 in 45 mins. Finished 3 games in 35 so I am getting better I feel but there just isn't enough time. I burned out an had to take 2 days off after not being able to finish a full timed PT with 2 LG sections.

You just need more time, that's what this test really requires.

I think you have to practice skipping games/questions within 35 minutes. The second game could have been harder than the last one. I alway skip around.

177 karma

That might be a good idea. I just took an untimed LG section and did good in 40 mins. Game 3 was confusing by 4 was super easy

edited September 2017 9377 karma

@bklsat05 said:
    That might be a good idea. I just took an untimed LG section and did good in 40 mins. Game 3 was confusing by 4 was super easy

You just have to be comfortable skipping around. When you are stuck, you always have to skip. You have to do the same on the test day. Get as many coconuts as you can!

177 karma

Any advice on how to know when to skip a game? I just did PT 37 and I KNEW I should have skipped one but I pushed through got -2 on the sections I did and then didn't have time for the final... :(

9377 karma

@bklsat05 said:
    Any advice on how to know when to skip a game? I just did PT 37 and I KNEW I should have skipped one but I pushed through got -2 on the sections I did and then didn't have time for the final... :(

After reading the rules and translating them, if I feel that I should make inferences upfront for the questions but somehow cannot seem to make inferences quickly, I would skip the entire game. If there is any moment of pause, I would skip the game/question.

How much time did you spend on the first and second games? I just checked my video recording for PT37, and it took me around 12 minutes to complete the first two. It was a retake, so I think it should be around 15 minutes for a fresh take.

If I were you, I would skip the third game and come back to it after finishing the relatively easy fourth game. I think the third game in PT37 (Grouping game) is tough because of how they refer to game pieces. If you find any rules confusing, you should skip.

I am not naturally good at LG. I was not able to complete the fourth game either (like 10 months ago.) You'll get better when you foolproof :)

177 karma

Second game messed me up with the repeat O/J but Third game for me was "easy" in the sense that I split the boards and it just took forever to get through it. Got them all right but I should have skipped to G 4- ie: G1, G4, G2, G3 would have been ideal

Hopefully I can skip tomorrow correctly.