Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I get out of this plateau?

MaritzaaMaritzaa Alum Member
in General 368 karma

Hi guys,

So, I'm over here frustrated trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I can't seem to get out of the mid 150's range -- and I have been here for quite some time. My BR has been going up (currently at 165). I drill often but I'm just not seeing results. I only see them when I BR.

I don't want to keep taking tests though I think I should because I am writing in December (and yes I know I should write only when I'm ready but I have made the decision to put this down after February -- been at it for too long).

I want to hit at least a 160 consistently before the December test but I just don't know what to do anymore. :(

Help!

Comments

• FirstOneFirstOne Core Member
    172 karma

Have you tried listening to Post Curriculum, Skipping Strategies and Allison 170+ Webinars, as well as tried pushing to do 15 or 20 questions in 15 or 20 minutes? This may give you that boost/edge of confidence to help you to stop seconding guessing what your intuition tells you. You have to just try to do it on an old test or two, before using a new one, just my thoughts. Hope it helps. I also created a spreadsheet that may help you target areas and reflect on things as you progress. Send me your email address, if you'd like to see the document, if not that's fine as well. I wish you all the best!

• IgnatiusIgnatius Alum Member
    382 karma

I'm also struggling with a plateau, and I'm scheduled to take the LSAT this December (I've postponed 3 times, already). I can only speak for myself, and honestly, the approach I've determined to be most appropriate for my situation is to do some serious self-relfection and be as critical about my skill set as necessary. I would do the following:

1. Use your PTs and timed sections as a guide to pin point your weak areas.

2. Revisit the core curriculum and spend as much time as needed going over those areas you're struggling with. HAPHAZARD REVISION WILL NOT SUFFICE. Spend some serious time during this phase. If you're still scoring in the 150 range, that's an indication that your foundation/skillset need refining. I just spent over 25 grueling hrs this week revisiting basic conditional logic, and i've been studying for this test too damn long already. I went through each lesson and did every single exercise and watched every single damn video. I also made fucking note cards. I've never in my life made fucking note cards. I made them, and they've helped tremendously.

3. After you revisit your weak areas, attempt a practice test or timed section.

I'm not the smartest guy on here, and there's a lot of smart motherfuckers on this site, god bless them all. Maybe some of them can chime in. I feel you, girl. You can do this.

Iggy

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9382 karma

If you are not constantly getting -0 or -1 on LG, then you should foolproof all the games.

If you are, I think you first need to increase your BR score in LR/RC. You should write your own explanation when you BR. You will be able to see what you don't understand.

I think you might need to refrain from taking PTs for a while and just focus on timed individual sections. Until you see improvements in each section, I think you should not take another PT.

Have you recorded yourself? When I was stuck in 150s, I did not know what to do either. My tutor recommended that I record myself and see what I'm doing wrong. I was able to get out of the range by seeing how I perform under the timed conditions. If you don't know what you are doing wrong, I suggest you get a tutor and ask her/him to watch your recording.

Good luck, and I am sure you can do this :blush: