Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which PT's are better?

LSATPWNAGELSATPWNAGE Alum Member
edited December 2014 in General 43 karma
Is it better to use the newest PTs? Is there any difference between new and old that might help improve my score?

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Yes there is a difference. Newer have comparative passages. I would do both if you can :)
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    From PT 52 and on there are the comparative passages. People claim that from PT 60's/70's, the test become "harder" than the PT 50's.
  • LSATPWNAGELSATPWNAGE Alum Member
    43 karma
    Thanks!
  • Matt2014Matt2014 Alum Member
    edited December 2014 18 karma
    In my opinion, the difficulty between old PTs and newer PTs is miniscule, if even existent. It just goes to show how consistent LSAC is in making these tests. Your opinion may vary though, so, you should check out both.

Sure, the newer ones have a comparative reading section, but I actually found those easier than some of the passages on the older PTs.
  • turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    770 karma
    I heard the newer PTs had more curve-breaker questions, but I don't know that for sure. My scores decreased when I skipped around from PT 50s to 60s to 70s. It probably depends on your skillset, though.
  • LeBisondeMistLeBisondeMist Alum Member
    135 karma
    I agree that the difference in level of difficulty is very small. I think if you have a lot of time to do PTs (if you're taking in June or later) it's probably best to leave the more recent ones for closer to the test. If you're taking in Feb, then you should ignore 40s and focus on 50s/60s/70s.