Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So...my life has this gaping hole in it...

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
in General 13286 karma

I had a solid routine for 4 months. Wake up at 5:45am and study for an hour on the train to work. Once at work around 7:30 I would study until around 9:00am, then I would work until around 12:30 and take an hour lunch on which I would study for about an hour. I then would finish my day at work and study for an hour on my way home. That means I was putting about 4.5 hours of studying into the LSAT Monday - Friday. Saturday mornings of course were PT's which took me about 3.5 hours or so. So on average I studied about 26 hours a week. That's 104 hours a month, or 416 hours of studying total for those 4 months.

Then on Saturday that all stopped and I don't know what to do with myself....like seriously there is a huge void in my life now...I almost want to keep studying. I am a man who likes his routines and now....what do I even do...

If I have to retake in Dec I'll pick right back up where I've left off...but if not...now what! O_O

(btw this test became an obsession if you can't tell)

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

Write your personal statements and other essays? That's what I'm doing with the time.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:
    Write your personal statements and other essays? That's what I'm doing with the time.

Same.

I felt that gap too. May as well fill it with being productive :)

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I wrote most of those last year! I've been editing them and updating what I can haha....I have a law school fair coming this weekend that I'm excited to go to as well. Over all, I'm just kind of sad it came to an end...dare I say...I enjoyed studying and being active on 7Sage haha

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Core Member
    2983 karma

The LSAT is my life. I fear the void :scream: I might have to get a girlfriend or something. I haven't had one of those in a while

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

I wrote most of those last year! I've been editing them and updating what I can haha....I have a law school fair coming this weekend that I'm excited to go to as well. Over all, I'm just kind of sad it came to an end...dare I say...I enjoyed studying and being active on 7Sage haha

Well it does seem that if you are looking for time to kill, you can never revise and edit too much as long as you save the old copies.

There's always reading Getting to Maybe too, I guess.

Enjoy the law school fair.

13286 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

Well it does seem that if you are looking for time to kill, you can never revise and edit too much as long as you save the old copies.

There's always reading Getting to Maybe too, I guess.

Enjoy the law school fair.

Yeah, I completely see what you are saying. It's more like I just miss the studying than wanting anything new! I'll just keep editing away!

13286 karma

@Freddy_D said:
    The LSAT is my life. I fear the void :scream: I might have to get a girlfriend or something. I haven't had one of those in a while

Hmmm...I have one of those. I think she's glad it's over...lol

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8700 karma

Maybe study lightly with an eye to one day tutoring someone? What I hope to do when I have taken the test is offer a free introduction at my local community college to the LG on the June 2007 exam (as long as that is ok with the LSAC) as well as give back to the 7Sage community in a capacity that they see fit: I hope "office hours" maybe a webinar on rule substitution questions etc. This community has treated me well and I will in turn, return the kindness.

David

13286 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    Maybe study lightly with an eye to one day tutoring someone? What I hope to do when I have taken the test is offer a free introduction at my local community college to the LG on the June 2007 exam (as long as that is ok with the LSAC) as well as give back to the 7Sage community in a capacity that they see fit: I hope "office hours" maybe a webinar on rule substitution questions etc. This community has treated me well and I will in turn, return the kindness.

David

Yeah something like this is what I think I'll try to do. I really enjoyed studying and helping others and want to continue doing that!

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    I had a solid routine for 4 months. Wake up at 5:45am and study for an hour on the train to work. Once at work around 7:30 I would study until around 9:00am, then I would work until around 12:30 and take an hour lunch on which I would study for about an hour. I then would finish my day at work and study for an hour on my way home. That means I was putting about 4.5 hours of studying into the LSAT Monday - Friday. Saturday mornings of course were PT's which took me about 3.5 hours or so. So on average I studied about 26 hours a week. That's 104 hours a month, or 416 hours of studying total for those 4 months.

Then on Saturday that all stopped and I don't know what to do with myself....like seriously there is a huge void in my life now...I almost want to keep studying. I am a man who likes his routines and now....what do I even do...

If I have to retake in Dec I'll pick right back up where I've left off...but if not...now what! O_O

get a girlfriend? haha jk ;)

13286 karma

@sillllyxo said:

@LSATcantwin said:

Haha I've got one of those. I think she's glad I'm done!

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    edited September 2017 708 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@sillllyxo said:

@LSATcantwin said:

Haha I've got one of those. I think she's glad I'm done!

then what are you complaining about?!!? I can think of a ton of things for you to do! Start A-Z dates and do an alphabet letter 2x a week or something - it's super fun and bonus point she will think you thought of it all on your own ;)

• hatelsathatelsat Alum Member
    9 karma

SAD

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma

Yeah man, I feel you. Just try to remember what you did before and try to enjoy it. Maybe start on some 0L stuff? I'm picking up the Short&Happy series and trying to get my feet wet.

13286 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Yeah man, I feel you. Just try to remember what you did before and try to enjoy it. Maybe start on some 0L stuff? I'm picking up the Short&Happy series and trying to get my feet wet.

Yeah I think that's what I am going to do. As a splitter it's hard to aim for schools without knowing my score...I absolutely still need a 170+ and after that Saturday test I think I may have to retake. It makes it difficult to gauge where to start my apps.

I did use to play a lot of video games...might dust off some of them and head back into it

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    edited September 2017 432 karma

Start a small study group. It may serve more than one purpose. A.) You won't lose skills, if you do retake. B.) It'll still be a routine C.) Because Karma

Namaste Big Dawg!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@Freddy_D said:

I'm kind of becoming this way too. I realized this week I haven't talked to my friends or family in ages. Thankfully my husband is a big talker and we sleep in the same bed otherwise I'm ashamed to say I'd forget about him too! This test really consumes your life. Every down moment is spent thinking about the test or dream schools or GPAs..... but I secretly love it.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Read a good book. Maybe start some light 0L prep.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Core Member
    2983 karma

@tringo335 said:

@Freddy_D said:

I'm kind of becoming this way too. I realized this week I haven't talked to my friends or family in ages. Thankfully my husband is a big talker and we sleep in the same bed otherwise I'm ashamed to say I'd forget about him too! This test really consumes your life. Every down moment is spent thinking about the test or dream schools or GPAs..... but I secretly love it.

haha, I love it, too. I'm wayyyyy behind in all of my group texts. I'll throw in an emoji every now and then so they know that I'm alive. Other than that, it's all LSAT and other admissions stuff.

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

read good novels!