Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rethinking Feb and PrepCourse

BiliJeanBiliJean Member
edited December 2014 in February 2015 LSAT 42 karma
So, I took a course called nextstep prep (private tutor) which was okay for the most part, and I had planned on taking the Feb 2015 exam but seeing that its 6weeks away, that's obviously not going to happen. Now, I'm thinking about taking the exam in June 2015 and using 7Sage as my guide, what do you all think?

Comments

• Christian BishopChristian Bishop Core Member
    3 karma
    What are you scoring on practice tests? How do you feel in general about taking the test?
  • synergy_101synergy_101 Alum Member
    edited December 2014 180 karma
    ^ yup, knowing how you're prepping (under timed conditions of course) and what score you're shooting for is key in order to give you any feedback
  • BiliJeanBiliJean Member
    42 karma
    I initially scored a 140 when I took the diagnostics back in October this year, then I started with a Private tutor whom I met once a week, this was a NextStep Prep tutor. I haven’t taken a timed practice test since then and I haven’t really been strictly timing my sessions. I just feel like I need to understand the materials more because I get 50 percent accuracy with the untimed sessions. So, I don’t know. I have also been dabbling with the Powerscore books which has really helped me with LR sections so I’m considering postponing the exam till June but I really want to take Feb but I don’t wanna fail. My goal is to be in the mid-160ss. I know I have a long way to go. Plus I work full-time at a law firm (9-5:30pm on good days). Thoughts?
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    I def recommend 7sage, even if just the starter pack. It is great with explaining fundamentals which you are clearly having issues with. if you are only at 50% accuracy untimed I would suggest pushing back to June but also dont let that allow you to ease up. This test is a pain and requires hard work. work on fundamentals, do some drills from lower PT's (if you dont get 7sage-which has some drills) and then take your time reviewing any question you do. If you are doing it untimed make sure you understand why you are picking an AC as right and others as wrong and if you are still unsure/get it wrong review it more. if you dont get 7sage Manhattan forums have explanation for almost all PT's and questions.
  • BiliJeanBiliJean Member
    42 karma
    Jdawg113- Thank you so much for your advice! I feel like a lot of people are just telling me to go ahead and take February but I definitely to feel it.