Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is a splitter ?

Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member
in General 206 karma

Just got my scores and I was looking on the LSAC website regarding each schools 25-75% and was curious as to what a splitter is? lets say your LSAT is in the 25% but your GPA is in the 75% does that make you a splitter ?

Comments

• thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
    1363 karma

Regular splitter: GPA < 25th, LSAT> 75th
    Reverse splitter: GPA > 75th, LSAT < 25th

• Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member
    206 karma

@thisissparta said:

Soooo in my case I would be a reverse splitter for the school I am looking at applying. How does one determine or approximate the chances of getting in to that school if you are a splitter ?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Maximus4 said:

@thisissparta said:

Soooo in my case I would be a reverse splitter for the school I am looking at applying. How does one determine or approximate the chances of getting in to that school if you are a splitter ?

Splitters tend to have unpredictable cycles. For what it's worth, many people argue there's truly no such thing as a "reverse splitter" due to the fact that higher GPAs are quite common. As a matter of fact, most students applying have higher GPA %tiles compared to their LSAT scores according to the stats.

Use myLSN.info to get a general idea of how you'd fair

• thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
    1363 karma

@Maximus4 said:

@thisissparta said:

Check this out: http://mylsn.info/dispresults.php

Enter your data to get a sense of your chances :)