Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8 hour Study Sessions

Miri DamiMiri Dami Free Trial Member
in General 9 karma

Hi, everyone. I'd like to start by saying I just now encountered 7Sage for the first time and quickly decided to get an account. I've spent some time today reading through the discussions and it has already been helpful. Though it has calmed some of my anxieties, I feel I have created a new one. There are many discussions in which I have read people commenting they study 8 hours a day, and it honestly had me panic a bit. I work full- time and do not have the time to be studying 8 hours a day without a burnout. Considering my September LSAT score (first LSAT I have taken), I feel like I SHOULD be studying for that long. How can this be, though? How is it possible to study for so long while maintaining a full time job? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I work part time, but even if I had the time, I don't think 8 hour sessions would benefit me. My sweet spot is 4 hours monday-saturday. I don't think 8 hours is normal... at all lol

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Not sure if I could find it right now, but there was another recent thread with folks working full time discussing their study schedules (myself included!) and it sounded like the majority of us study around 2 hours per work day give or take, and more on the weekend. I usually will come home, eat dinner while watching a short TV show to relax for a bit, then get into studying. I've found that my brain isn't much good after 10pm, so how long I study depends on how early I am able to get to it. But I've been averaging around 2 hours on work days. I also try to get a bit of studying or working through the cc in during lunch if I can.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Miri Dami" said:
    Hi, everyone. I'd like to start by saying I just now encountered 7Sage for the first time and quickly decided to get an account. I've spent some time today reading through the discussions and it has already been helpful. Though it has calmed some of my anxieties, I feel I have created a new one. There are many discussions in which I have read people commenting they study 8 hours a day, and it honestly had me panic a bit. I work full- time and do not have the time to be studying 8 hours a day without a burnout. Considering my September LSAT score (first LSAT I have taken), I feel like I SHOULD be studying for that long. How can this be, though? How is it possible to study for so long while maintaining a full time job? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sure, it's possible. I study a bunch (sometimes 8 hours a day) and work full time. Most days I aim to hit 4 hours, but everyone's different when it comes to burnout. If I didn't work, and for a brief period when I took a leave, I could easily study for 8 hours a day. The secret was always to break it up into segments and switch what I was working on to keep from getting bored.

Working full time and consistently getting in 8 hours a day is probably unlikely. However, weekends can be great for studying 8 hours each day and getting a lot done. It's important to remember that it isn't how many hours you net, but what you do with those hours. This girl I was seeing would tell me she would study for 8 hours a day at the library. When we would go to study together she would be on her phone for 3 of those hours, talking to friends for 2, and maybe studying for the rest. More hours doesn't necessarily equal more done, lol.