Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). LR strategy - 7Sage Forum

LR strategy

vanessaogbeidevanessaogbeide Alum Member
edited October 2017 in General 32 karma

hey guys,

I want to give myself the best chance of maximizing my score by knocking out the easy ones first. I know the first 10 are generally known as the easiest, but after that... how should I conquer and divide?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Start by not assuming the first 10 are easy! They can put hard questions anywhere. The best idea is to practice and identify hard questions by the way you react to them...and then to skip and come back to them.

I am still trying to teach myself how to do this but generally if you don't understand what you read and the answer choices are not easy to eliminate or the right one doesn't fly off the page it's a skipper! The goal is to finish with 5+ min so you can go back to the hard ones later!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@vanessaogbeide said:
    hey guys,

I want to give myself the best chance of maximizing my score by knocking out the easy ones first. I know the first 10 are generally known as the easiest, but after that... how should I conquer and divide?

I've slowly worked my way up to doing 25 in 25 minutes. This means I'm forced to skip and make a second sweep through the questions, sometimes even 3, but that's ok. It's also forced me to be a bit more aggressive. I did this by doing "confidence drills" where I took older LR sections aggressively, without reading all the answer choices and just picking my first choice and moving on.

• vanessaogbeidevanessaogbeide Alum Member
    32 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@vanessaogbeide said:
    hey guys,

I've slowly worked my way up to doing 25 in 25 minutes. This means I'm forced to skip and make a second sweep through the questions, sometimes even 3, but that's ok. It's also forced me to be a bit more aggressive. I did this by doing "confidence drills" where I took older LR sections aggressively, without reading all the answer choices and just picking my first choice and moving on.

awesome advice! thanks!