Infer type questions - how to tackle

beezmoofbeezmoof Alum Member

In questions such as these "the author implies that paintings with religious subjects included buildings bc..." or "the author suggests that Venetian paintings were painted by authors who..." or "which of the following can be inferred from the passage about pumps that are currently available" or "it can be inferred that most legal scholars would agree"

I consistently find them more difficult and get them wrong more often than not... does anyone have any tips on how to tackle these questions? Should I be treating them like another kind question type?

Thanks!!

Comments

• beezmoofbeezmoof Alum Member
    555 karma

Are they any different from must be true questions? As in should I keep sticking to my normal rule of whether it can be supported by lines int he passage?

• jsfollowerjsfollower Member
    66 karma

Also interested in this.

• NovLSAT2019NovLSAT2019 Alum Member
    edited October 2017 620 karma

I'm not a sage nor a mentor but I think inference questions are just Must Be True questions! As JY says in those videos, "we have to push something out of the stimulus".

@"Cant Get Right" can you help us? :smiley:

• Victoria-1Victoria-1 Free Trial Member
    100 karma

Following. These are the bane of my RC existence :/ Especially author/other view point inferences.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Infer Perspective is my worst question type across the board. So, I'm no help to you but checking in to see if anyone else has advice hahah.