Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which LSAT Course to Take?

CeleriiiCeleriii Member
in General 15 karma

I am debating which course to take. I will be writing in Feb (3 months away) and considering the LSAT Premium or Ultimate. I know extension is possible. But wondering if the fee is for extension?

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Please don't pick up a course higher than Premium. 3 months is not a lot of time to study and the LSAT Ultimate will have too much for you to get through in 3 months. Premium is even pushing it a little.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" The only thing I'd point out, though, is that Ultimate provides access to more recent preptests, which are of more value. Granted, one can buy the preptests, but if one wants J.Y.'s explanations, buying the course is the only option.

12637 karma

@uhinberg said:
    @"Dillon A. Wright" The only thing I'd point out, though, is that Ultimate provides access to more recent preptests, which are of more value. Granted, one can buy the preptests, but if one wants J.Y.'s explanations, buying the course is the only option.

You can buy the PTs individually through 7Sage. They come with explanations.
    https://7sage.com/addons/

• CeleriiiCeleriii Member
    edited November 2017 15 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" Thanks, three months is not much time. However, I have started studying since last fall using Kaplan, with no success :(

@uhinberg I have all preptests from LSAC. But I am missing full length explanations. Does it make sense to start with premium and see how far i get from now to Feb.? and up grade if I feel I need more explanations?

@"Dillon A. Wright" @uhinberg I'm from Ontario Canada, and all Ontario law school applications are due. I just submitted my applications this morning. February is the Last exam I can take for admissions September 2018.

12637 karma

@uhinberg I have all preptests from LSAC. But I am missing full length explanations. Does it make sense to start with premium and see how far i get from now to Feb.? and up grade if I feel I need more explanations?

That makes perfect sense.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I think it depends on what kind of score you are trying to get. If you are looking to practice the hardest questions, you will need Ultimate+. If you are trying to score 150-160, starter or premium with additional practice tests/explanations should be fine with the knowledge you already have.

15 karma

Thanks!!! :) > @"Dillon A. Wright"

edited November 2017 15 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    I think it depends on what kind of score you are trying to get. If you are looking to practice the hardest questions, you will need Ultimate+. If you are trying to score 150-160, starter or premium with additional practice tests/explanations should be fine with the knowledge you already have.

I am trying to score a minimum of 164 +. I think after reviewing everyone's helpful comments. I'll start off with the Premium and hopefully, if I pick up good pace and if time permits, upgrade to Ultimate or buy individual preptests with explanations. It looks like it's crunch time for me! I scored 140 diagnostic last year :(.I bought the Kaplan on-line Live classes, and it just wasn't clicking for me. I found it to be a good fit for people who are scoring average 155-160 as there are a lot of tips and tricks for improvement. But, for someone who is starting from 140-145, those tips and tricks only go so far. I really need something that provides more foundation, and hoping I can find it with 7Sage.