PT24.S3.Q12 - people in the tourist industry

yeshesviniyeshesvini Member
edited November 2017 in Logical Reasoning 113 karma

https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-24-section-3-question-12/

would AC e be a close second....i seem to have glossed over d and missed it choosing e realizing my folly on BR. But isn't e another version of d so plausible in the absence of d..

what would you reckon??

vini

Comments

• CrispyCritterCrispyCritter Free Trial Member
    155 karma

The problem with (E) is that the argument goes beyond saying it is likely that the tourist industry would never knowingly damage the environment: it outright says they would NEVER do it, so the language used in (E) does not match the stimulus

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    782 karma

What @grantfollis said. And if I was BR'ing this question, the takeaway I would want is what prephrase should I have had before going into the answer choices. E is attractive because it's abstracted, but D sticks out with a solid prediction going into the AC's.

• edited November 2017 1025 karma

What @grantfollis said. And if I was BR'ing this question, the takeaway I would want is what prephrase should I have had before going into the answer choices. E is attractive because it's abstracted, but D sticks out with a solid prediction going into the AC's.

Just to add onto this, I tend to not miss any flaws anymore because of this method precisely. Find the flaw BEFORE going into the answer choices. It's amazing how much this helps. For very difficult flaw questions, they will say the most random stuff using similar ideas used in the stimulus. Being able to skim the AC and just say "no" without really analyzing the traps is amazing. The key is actually getting the flaw right, but since flaws are the most prevalent questions on the LSAT, I can promise you that over time you will see just about every flaw they can throw at you. It's just a matter of being able to spot a similar flaw we have seen before in an entirely different stimulus. Once this is achieved, even the hardest flaws will be free points!!!

Edit: For the hard flaws, if I cannot spot the flaw in the first two reads, then it's a question I skip (I do not even look at one AC). When I come back the question, the flaw pretty much jumps out at me!!

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    782 karma

@TheDeterminedC I like the skipping if you don't know the flaw strategy. I don't miss flaws very often any more, but I'm going to try skipping before AC's next time one trips me up.

• yeshesviniyeshesvini Member
    113 karma

thanks guys!! helped a ton!! glad i asked... :smiley:

• edited November 2017 1025 karma

@btate87 right!? If you are not missing very many flaws then I would assume you've seen about every single flaw they could possibly throw at you. A second look with a fresh mind typically makes (me at least) cycle through a different "flaw bank" to find it (:

@yeshesvini woohoo!