PT62.S3.G2 - an artisan has been hired

RefresherRefresher Alum Member
edited November 2017 in Logic Games 90 karma

the game doesn’t say the same color cannot appear twice (or more) in one stained glass window. so it could be like “g p r r” color combined in one window. “y p” in the 2nd window and “o g” in the 3rd window. It is not contradicting the rule. how to deal with this situation? anyone can help?,,,

https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-62-section-3-game-2/

Comments

• RefresherRefresher Alum Member
    edited November 2017 90 karma

It doesn't say, for example, no same color will be used more than once in each of three stained glass windows.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited November 2017 9377 karma

When you say "appear twice," what does it mean? Are there certain pieces in glass windows? Are we counting the number pieces of green glass? No, we are only counting colors contained in glass. "Glass" here is uncountable.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

I see what you are saying here. I believe by definition if we use Green, Purple, Rose and Rose that is a bit of a tautology. We are simply saying Green. Purple, Rose.” This is because, as pointed out above, we are instructed in the set up to count the colors "...each window will contain at least two different colors of glass." We are not instructed to count the individual use of a color in a specific group: i.e. 2 uses of orange count towards the 4 or 5 specific fulfillment needed for each group. We are not playing for instance a grouping game in which each group must have three or four individual spots filled. The rules specify that the colors used in eat window: “…will contain at least two different colors of glass.”

In order for a game to fit what you have outlined, the setup would need to say something like: each window has 5 separate panels that are colored in using one of eight colors. Then it might be possible to have Green, purple, Rose, rose, Yellow or something because we would be filling in specific spots.

I hope this helps
    David