Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LORs from Graduate professors only

Quick question: is it OK to submit solely letters of recommendation from professors that I had during graduate school? In my case, I have one professor and one supervisor from work (I have been out of grad school for almost 4 years). I guess a follow up question could be whether I should get more professors from graduate school (I can ask another one).

Thanks!

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I think it is fine to be honest. As long as the person can speak honestly about your work ethic and ability to succeed in law school, you should be fine. So I think it's fine for a grad prof to give you a LOR, and maybe even only grad profs. I think 1 prof and the one from your supervisor is fine, but if you have a 2nd prof in mind that you know will write you a great LOR then go for it!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

You'll be fine. Two grad letters is a great idea.

• mmbarros.brmmbarros.br Member
    33 karma

Thanks for the replies guys! Very helpful

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2017 23929 karma

I think you'll be just fine with just Grad/employer LORs.

You've been out of UG/grad school for several years. As long as you have 1 academic LOR, I don't think you have anything to worry about!

Best of luck applying :)

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

I think you'll be fine. I've gone with 2-3 LORs all from grad school professors.

• Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma

Two of my four LORs are from grad school professors, and it's been ok so far this cycle.